Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194716-win-37-avh-active-thunder.html)

Craney 10-17-2008 03:11 AM

What % is your state sales tax?

JoeD 10-17-2008 06:15 AM

Half way thru the game you change the rules? I believe thats fraud.
You cannot change the odds of a game once it has started.

cosmic12 10-17-2008 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2718034)
Problem is when/if I sell mine, in todays market, I can pay off the loan on it and maybe have enough $$$ left to fill the tanks in the new one a couple times.

I would argue that the boat is worth 100k. It was posted that it could be bought for that much.

I Lean more towards keeping your 32 & selling the 37.:evilb: You could get alot more gas:rolleyes:

RobertV 10-17-2008 08:01 AM

Questions:

How many tickets have been sold to date?
Where on LI is the pick up spot?
Don't need an exact address - just wanted a town - I live in Westchester and wanted to think about the logistics of hauling it up here when I win :drink:

TSPM 10-17-2008 11:22 AM

OK here are answers

The boat and traileris free and clear titles.

The LDA of New York State
Learning Disabilities Association .... it will be on their website in a few days.

LDA of New York

The boat is located and be picked up in St. James New York

We changed the odds before any tickets weere sold and updated with the state as 1 in 400.

TexomaPowerboater 10-17-2008 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2716959)
I would hope with the 100k collected, it would be clear by the time the winner went to pick it up.

Anybody know what kind of tax liability there is if you win?????? How does that work???????? Sorry, but I don't have 30k laying around to pay taxes.

The amount paid for the ticket is not deductible as a charitable contribution. They are deductible to the extent of gambling winnings (i.e. its treated as a gambling activity).

The winnings being taxable is a grey area. If properly set up it could be considered a gift (i.e. not taxable), but the general rule would be to treat it as gambling winnings.

boatfreak 10-17-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CanDo (Post 2718172)
I think I'll sit out on this one. Theres other boats out there anyways. the markets flooded with better boats than the AT anyways. Take your pick.

Are you referring to this boat or just A.T.s in general?

cosmic12 10-17-2008 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by boatfreak (Post 2718418)
Are you referring to this boat or just A.T.s in general?

Thats kinda what I was wondering:rolleyes:

Griff 10-17-2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoeD (Post 2718064)
Half way thru the game you change the rules? I believe thats fraud.
You cannot change the odds of a game once it has started.

The actual odds really didn't change anyway. If you spend the original $1000 and buy 4 tickets your odds of winning are still 1 in a 100.

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2718083)
I Lean more towards keeping your 32 & selling the 37.:evilb: You could get alot more gas:rolleyes:

There's a lot of possibilities. Maybe sell the less 37 less power & drives( & put them in the 32)or put um both up for sale and see which goes. The problem is I need another 6 feet of garage for the 37.