Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194716-win-37-avh-active-thunder.html)

TSPM 09-05-2008 03:50 PM

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

3 Attachment(s)
So you want an offshore performance boat right?

Cant raise enough money to buy one big enough, fast enough and tough to run with the BIG DOGS ????

NOW here is your chance to win this boat by September 20, 2008

Click this link for all the details.... This 37 AT COULD BE YOURS !!!

Big Time 09-05-2008 04:13 PM

Hmmm...interesting.....might just be worth a shot :drink:

TSPM 09-05-2008 04:22 PM

Hey 1 in 100 odds are very good and could be better if you buy more than 1 ticket :drink::drink::drink:

32fever 09-05-2008 04:54 PM

My question is, if you can't afford a boat like that, how do you whip out a grand to try and win it?

Overactive507 09-05-2008 05:05 PM

True, but $1,000 is a lot less to come up with than $100,000, so why not give it a try?

Cash Bar 09-05-2008 05:07 PM

I think one of you should buy me a ticket for my birthday since it also on the 20th. :eek:

Stormrider 09-05-2008 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by 32fever (Post 2675832)
My question is, if you can't afford a boat like that, how do you whip out a grand to try and win it?

if you can't afford to buy it, how you gonna keep it going?

bouyhunter 09-05-2008 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2675896)
if you can't afford to buy it, how you gonna keep it going?

What he said.

It's a great idea, but spells disaster for the new owner and the new (soon to be) second owner. Add in expense to run/maintain the boat, tow vehicle,etc... this ones out of my league currently.

cosmic12 09-05-2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2675919)
What he said.

It's a great idea, but spells disaster for the new owner and the new (soon to be) second owner. Add in expense to run/maintain the boat, tow vehicle,etc... this ones out of my league currently.

YUP! what you said. Oh ya you forgot insurance.:rolleyes:

DirtyMoney 09-05-2008 06:34 PM

What happens if only 10 tickets sell?

I thought a raffle has been brought up before and determined to be illegal?

Brian C 09-05-2008 06:36 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'll be calling for 1 maybe 2 & when my Donzi is up for sale you'll know that I won!

bouyhunter 09-05-2008 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2675939)
YUP! what you said. Oh ya you forgot insurance.:rolleyes:

Gotta figure it's gonna cost another couple $K to outfit it with safety gear, lines, fenders, electronics, etc...
This isn't a game for the guy that can't afford to buy the boat outright.
Don't mean to knock the idea, I just foresee the boat not being taken care of because the new owner can't afford to properly care for her.
And yeah, insurance on a rig you really can't afford, but hold a clear title on is optional (in most States) if I'm not mistaken.

ACTIVESHACK 09-05-2008 06:50 PM

Roll the dice :grinser010: It's only a grand. So if you win it and can't afford the operating expense just park it till you unload it cheap and make a nice profit. :cool:

cosmic12 09-05-2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 2675962)
Roll the dice :grinser010: It's only a grand. So if you win it and can't afford the operating expense just park it till you unload it cheap and make a nice profit. :cool:

OH don't get me going:evilb:

ActiveThunder 09-05-2008 07:10 PM

I'll stick wih betting where the next hurricane is going to hit...:evilb:

dreamer 09-05-2008 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 2675949)

ding ding ding

ActiveThunder 09-05-2008 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2675982)
ding ding ding

So you can buy one legally if you give me a call Monday. And we can take to KW in November for the party!

Pat

t500hps 09-05-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2675992)
So you can buy one legally if you give me a call Monday. And we can take to KW in November for the party!

Pat

But his is only 1,000 once....yours is once a month!! :eek::D

GO4BROKE 09-05-2008 07:46 PM

It's tempting. I was just thinking the fuel bill for my 386 was too low! I'd be the coolest guy on the bay with 2 big offshores at my dock!:drink:
Of course I'm already the coolest guy on the bay.

Jassman 09-05-2008 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2675979)
I'll stick wih betting where the next hurricane is going to hit...:evilb:

just strap that 43 down..real good:drink:

bouyhunter 09-05-2008 08:09 PM

I really shouldn't say this, because I know that this is gonna cause a chit-storm of a thread, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It's open discussion right, so let's discuss it.

Is the boat business so bad right now that we're resorting to selling inventory by a raffle??
I'm not saying anything bad about the boat/brand. Brian invited my wife and I to go through one in Miami back in Feb. and I was very impressed with the quality of the boat.

Is this a sign of the current market.
I think it very well may be.

Sorry, I don't mean this in any way to be a bash on AT, and I really don't mean to Hi-Jack.
For the record, I think it was already down the hi-jack road before I got here - it just raised further questions to me.

PARADOX 09-05-2008 08:38 PM

The collors are good.
I'm trying to lower my boat count tho.. not to increase it.

DirtyMoney 09-05-2008 09:20 PM

Here is the thread that discussed this before.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=raffle

It is gambling unless a charity is to benefit.

Griff 09-06-2008 01:24 AM

If 100 tickets are not sold, everybody gets their money back. Max amount of tickets that will be sold is 110.

Need-the-Speed 09-06-2008 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2675952)
Gotta figure it's gonna cost another couple $K to outfit it with safety gear, lines, fenders, electronics, etc...
This isn't a game for the guy that can't afford to buy the boat outright.
Don't mean to knock the idea, I just foresee the boat not being taken care of because the new owner can't afford to properly care for her.
And yeah, insurance on a rig you really can't afford, but hold a clear title on is optional (in most States) if I'm not mistaken.

Heck I can't afford to buy the boat outright but I sure will take care of it if I win it! Boats really aren't to bad if you don't dump fuel into the tank every day or two. The only thing that may be a tad expensive would be the sales tax when you register your new prize. I NY when you win something you have to register I believe you pay Sales Tax on Blue Book Value or some other predetermined value....and that may sting a few people. Good luck!

ActiveThunder 09-06-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2676049)
just strap that 43 down..real good:drink:

It is!

And you better strap your 43 down 'cause Ike's stopping along Duval Street for a few drinks :ernaehrung004: and then heading right for ya, buddy!

502ss 09-06-2008 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed (Post 2676202)
Heck I can't afford to buy the boat outright but I sure will take care of it if I win it! Boats really aren't to bad if you don't dump fuel into the tank every day or two. The only thing that may be a tad expensive would be the sales tax when you register your new prize. I NY when you win something you have to register I believe you pay Sales Tax on Blue Book Value or some other predetermined value....and that may sting a few people. Good luck!

I agree, There is a big difference between being able to buy a 100k+ boat outright vs. coming up with 1K to throw down towards a 1 in 100 chance of winning it. look at it this way. If you do win it you have 99k left to spend on fuel and rigging and insurance!:drink:

TSPM 09-06-2008 08:54 AM

NOPE....in the text you will see that if the 100 ticket minimum is not reached all moneys from purchased tickets will be refunded on Sept. 20 th 2008.

TSPM 09-06-2008 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2675952)

A couple K ?

Vests, lines, fenders and a few CG items well under 600.00

This boat does not ned any other electronics....please refer to options list.

TSPM 09-06-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2676055)
Is the boat business so bad right now that we're resorting to selling inventory by a raffle??

No to both ..... we wanted to try something a bit different and fun. A client came up with the idea and we went with it. It does open the door for someone to get a really nice piece for 1000.00. We could have easily just listed the boat for 110k but the idea of somebody getting it for a very small investment seemed interesting. If it works fine....if not thats fine too and we will list it str8 up for 110k.

TSPM 09-06-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by 502ss (Post 2676264)
I agree, There is a big difference between being able to buy a 100k+ boat outright vs. coming up with 1K to throw down towards a 1 in 100 chance of winning it. look at it this way. If you do win it you have 99k left to spend on fuel and rigging and insurance!:drink:

B I N G O ....thats exactly how we looked at it.

OR -------- Sell it and make money if you cant aford to own it.

spilman 09-06-2008 09:50 AM

Makes sense; sounds Great,....but I doubt that 100 tickets will be sold.......& I'm an optimist!

Jupiter Sunsation 09-06-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by spilman (Post 2676381)
Makes sense; sounds Great,....but I doubt that 100 tickets will be sold.......& I'm an optimist!

I think your 14-15 day time frame to sell the tickets is too short to sell 100 tickets at 1K each. You needed atleast 30 days notice or even better 60 days to promote it/ make sure all the checks clear.

Hope it works out for everyone involved. Boat looks great for being 10 years old.

There also will be tax implications for the winner. Expect to pay 28-35% of the 100K value in taxes in addtion to the sales tax/registration costs.

Edward R. Cozzi 09-06-2008 10:18 AM

I think it's a Great Idea!

TSPM..good going. I hope it happens. I am seriously thinking of entering your raffle, as I know Active Thunder is one of the best brands available.

About affording the boat if you win:

Believe me, if you're really into high performance boating, you'll rise to the occasion. The cost of maintenance, storage, insurance, fuel; will STILL be less than buying the boat outright..for several years. Plus, you'll have an asset to sell or trade in the future.

If someone would have told me forty years ago that in 2008 I would have fathered and paid-for 4 children, been married 5 times and divorced 4, had a car collection bigger than I have places to store them...I would have laughed in their face.

My point is: "You rise to the occasion to do what it takes to make something you want actually happen".

Sydwayz 09-06-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2676055)
I really shouldn't say this, because I know that this is gonna cause a chit-storm of a thread, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It's open discussion right, so let's discuss it.

I'm not saying anything bad about the boat/brand. Brian invited my wife and I to go through one in Miami back in Feb. and I was very impressed with the quality of the boat.

Sorry, I don't mean this in any way to be a bash on AT, and I really don't mean to Hi-Jack.
For the record, I think it was already down the hi-jack road before I got here - it just raised further questions to me.

This "raffle" has nothing to do with Active Thunder, Pat, or myself. This is strictly between TSPM and the owner of the boat.

Active Thunder is doing fine; even in today's economy.

TSPM 09-06-2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2676424)
This "raffle" has nothing to do with Active Thunder, Pat, or myself. This is strictly between TSPM and the owner of the boat.

This true the AT factory is not involved in any way in this.

TSPM 09-06-2008 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi (Post 2676396)
TSPM..good going. I hope it happens. I am seriously thinking of entering your raffle, as I know Active Thunder is one of the best brands available.

About affording the boat if you win:

Believe me, if you're really into high performance boating, you'll rise to the occasion. The cost of maintenance, storage, insurance, fuel; will STILL be less than buying the boat outright..for several years. Plus, you'll have an asset to sell or trade in the future.

If someone would have told me forty years ago that in 2008 I would have fathered and paid-for 4 children, been married 5 times and divorced 4, had a car collection bigger than I have places to store them...I would have laughed in their face.

My point is: "You rise to the occasion to do what it takes to make something you want actually happen".

YUP .... Thanks Ed

TSPM 09-06-2008 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2676384)
I think your 14-15 day time frame to sell the tickets is too short to sell 100 tickets at 1K each. You needed atleast 30 days notice or even better 60 days to promote it/ make sure all the checks clear.

Hope it works out for everyone involved. Boat looks great for being 10 years old.

There also will be tax implications for the winner. Expect to pay 28-35% of the 100K value in taxes in addtion to the sales tax/registration costs.

Tax depends on the state ...... you pay sales tax on the value of the boat in the state it is registered in.

Depending on the response (which looks good so far) we might extend the time frame to 30 days....lets see what happens.

320es 09-06-2008 12:38 PM

I think it's a cool idea. There is a big difference in affording upkeep on a $100,000 boat and purchasing it too. I don't believe most of the people that would buy the tickets are at the poverty level or they wouldn't have an extra grand laying around to gamble with.