Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Engine builders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19549-florida-engine-builders.html)

JoeD 03-06-2002 08:16 PM

Try "theengineshop.com",Bill Mitchell engines,great prices,aluminum heads and cast iron heads.

Goodfella 03-06-2002 09:38 PM

Hey Marv!
Thanks for the tip on rooms.
So when should you pay a middle man. When you can go direct to the source:confused: Tommy,Ken and Keith THE BEST OF THE BEST!

spitfire1 03-06-2002 09:42 PM

CHIEF ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't regret it.....

Ryan Beckley 03-07-2002 11:57 PM

big power?

Hey Spitfire, what size Chief's do you have in the 38 Cig. are you running Bravos or bigger?

Tonto 03-08-2002 01:02 AM

Hey Ryan
Who's 38 are you talking about?

Goodfella 03-08-2002 08:41 PM

Hey Medicine Man!
Ryan is talking about Spitfire's 38.
I guess he has first hand experiance with tommy's engines.

Tonto 03-10-2002 01:09 AM

:)
Goodfella,
Just didn't know who's 38 he was talking about. I talked to Tommy the day and he was telling me about a new combination that's making over 900lbs of torque at 20% throttle :D . I told him to build something that wouldn't tear up the rest of the drivetrain!!! Seriously, though it sounds like a great combination and I want to put them in my 41. Springs right around the corner :D :D

MPH120 03-10-2002 02:26 AM

After reading great things about them, I recently contacted Total marine and Performance in LA. These guys are building killer engines at very reasonable prices. They use all the same parts as Eickert, Chief, and the rest, but sell engines at half the cost. They will be doing the work on my Scarab, and will be building engines for my new boat. 700HP naturally aspirated: $20,000 complete. 750HP SC $22,000 complete, and 900HP SC $30,000 complete. Talk to Steve, 985-649-9888. I think his e mail is [email protected].

spitfire1 03-10-2002 05:20 AM

Hey Ryan.....I am running Hawk 550's in my topgun....I will be putting chief's in if I keep this boat when the time comes around...My friend Greg Gluck has used tommy's engines in the past and is using one now in his race boat....I have done business with Tommy and he has worked on my boat ...I can assure you he runs a top notch outfit......so no...I dont exactly have personal experience with his engines.........I would ask Mike what engines he is running .....but I just remembered ....he doesnt have a boat......right Mike??:eek: :eek: :confused:

Goodfella 03-10-2002 06:42 AM

Medicine Man,
His new combination is running that bad ass fuel injection!
Instant throttle response,your right 900 ft lbs of torque will
take a toll on your staggard engine drivetrain. To answer pistfire1's question no I do not own a sportboat with Cheif engines in it. But I will problably forget more than he will ever no about performance boating. I won't go on an aviation bulletin board and post that I have flown THE CONCORD when I have only flown in a piper cub.:p