At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.
I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..