View Poll Results: Who Thinks Long Duck Dong should be Long Gone from OSO
Long Duck Dong Stays
11.98%
Long Duck Dong Goes
88.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Long Duck Dong

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM
  #971
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
bmanafort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
My Boats: 2004 TS Top Gun
Posts: 594
Default

Firefox, now you are talking some sense. I agree that the cheaper route for the both of them would be to work something out. I think both parties here realize that there will be a split and chances are the lawyers will get that split. I hope that LDD can make an offer that is fair to the both of them.
bmanafort is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
  #972
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mine Hill, NJ/Lake Hopatcong, NJ
My Boats: 94 32' Fever, 81 30' Shadow Cat
Posts: 1,267
Default

At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
prostock85 is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 PM
  #973
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Raleigh,NC & 1000 Islands,NY
My Boats: 99' AT28twin, 2004 Starcraft, 1978 Switzer
Posts: 1,024
Angry Been there, done that...NO Winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock85 View Post
At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
Most, if not all of that post is incorrect. Possibly small claims court has a max of $3k, but even for small claims, that seems low. Your case would not be a small claims; you need to get a saavy attorney and get moving.
If he doesn't show up for a disposition, arbitration or scheduled hearing/court date, it would not help his case; in fact it could severly damage his case. Just call an atty.and discuss the case in full.
In the end, you both lose and attorneys make some coin.
I've been through a few lawsuits on both sides in biz deals. The last one the other party lost 70k, I lost six figures, and the trustee, lawyers, accountants and auctioneers ALL made $$big money$$! Money from sale of assets that my business(& me personally) created/built.......Settle it out; or u both lose, period.
spilman is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 07:44 AM
  #974
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Monclova, Ohio
My Boats: Baja 25 Outlaw
Posts: 145
Default

all law and court business a side. It is just a bad thing. To take advantage of this deal like he did. He trusted and got burnt.

Here is the deal on when I bought my boat. I now know it was stupid but it turned out good and I trusted and the other person was true to his word. Bought the boat signed over my one Harley and made the first payment before I ever saw the boat in person. The only thing that wasn't there was the bimni top. I am a very trusting person because I am a man of my word and would like to think that most are also. This just shows you and taught me that I needed to change my ways
danh63 is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 AM
  #975
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guntersville. Alabama
My Boats: 32' Fever, 30' Chris Cat (SOLD) & 27' Lazer (SOLD)
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock85 View Post
At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
I and I assume many other were under the impression that you had already secured legal counsel and were in process of coming after me? Appearantly this is more smoke and mirrors as to whats going on....None the less had you followed through with your contract you claim you'd have to sue me in Alabama for the damages you claim were undisclosed (dock rash). The fact is NOW you still have to sue me Alabama, so whats the difference if you would have followed the contract?....NONE....


Quote:
Originally Posted by danh63 View Post
all law and court business a side. It is just a bad thing. To take advantage of this deal like he did. He trusted and got burnt.

Here is the deal on when I bought my boat. I now know it was stupid but it turned out good and I trusted and the other person was true to his word. Bought the boat signed over my one Harley and made the first payment before I ever saw the boat in person. The only thing that wasn't there was the bimni top. I am a very trusting person because I am a man of my word and would like to think that most are also. This just shows you and taught me that I needed to change my ways
All bogus and bullsh*t assuptions aside.....I KEPT MY WORD! I did EXACTLY what I said I was going to do on the contract you idiot's....Its in writing, what part of that cant you dumb mother f*ckers read? Deadline wasnt met, no phone call or email for 2 1/2 days to make other arrangements on Saturday or Sunday....he defaulted.....you may not like it, may not agree with it, but facts are facts.....I made an offer to refund the difference, made an offer for additional money, he declined my offer.....

A LOT of time has past, still a little huff and puff but no action, just all talk!

Last edited by long duck dong; 12-12-2008 at 08:05 AM.
long duck dong is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 08:05 AM
  #976
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guntersville. Alabama
My Boats: 32' Fever, 30' Chris Cat (SOLD) & 27' Lazer (SOLD)
Posts: 747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock85 View Post
I can assure everyone this is full steam ahead. The holidays made everything tough, also being 1,200 miles away from him (lawyer) doesn't help either. I can say, "dealing with courts and lawyers in another state is a PITA", I swear custody hearings would be easier then this.

There is no important news to report. Just that all negotiation attempts have ceased, and we (myself and lawyer) are in the beginning stages of filing a civil circuit suit. As any developments come to light, you will be made aware.
Now you posted this not too long ago, claiming things were full steam ahead.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock85 View Post
At this time there is obviously a lot of opinions going around. Most (now myself included) this I'm an idiot for signing it. There is no doubt I had faults in this situation, but I don't believe they were worth 14K though.

I could do what others including Firefox stated, paid up then sued over damages in small claims court. There are a few problems with the suing after the fact. For one, I would have to fight in Alabama, which makes it very difficult for my travels, especially when the other party just has to call out to have it postponed last minute (wasted trip). And second, if I were to win, Alabama has a maximum $3000 payout (rumored). I never thought waiting till I went there in person would have turned into this..
A few days later you post this, not knowing what the Alabama limit was for suit?.....Couldnt your Alabama Attorney advise you of this so it wouldnt be "Rumored"?.....

What happend to your free Alabama attorney that THE JOKE claims is a member of this board that I pissed off?.....

My advise is quit relying on a bunch of windbags who think they know, but have no idea.....
long duck dong is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM
  #977
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,757
Default

I figured I would weigh in here...

LDD is a dooche bag
Indy is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 AM
  #978
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Shore Thing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hollywood, MD
My Boats: 21' Paramount
Posts: 1,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
All bogus and bullsh*t assuptions aside.....I KEPT MY WORD! I did EXACTLY what I said I was going to do on the contract you idiot's....Its in writing, what part of that cant you dumb mother f*ckers read? Deadline wasnt met, no phone call or email for 2 1/2 days to make other arrangements on Saturday or Sunday....he defaulted.....you may not like it, may not agree with it, but facts are facts.....I made an offer to refund the difference, made an offer for additional money, he declined my offer.....

A LOT of time has past, still a little huff and puff but no action, just all talk!


You still just don't get it. I think it was said best when someone called you a damaged human being.
Shore Thing is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 AM
  #979
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mine Hill, NJ/Lake Hopatcong, NJ
My Boats: 94 32' Fever, 81 30' Shadow Cat
Posts: 1,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
Now you posted this not too long ago, claiming things were full steam ahead.....



A few days later you post this, not knowing what the Alabama limit was for suit?.....Couldnt your Alabama Attorney advise you of this so it wouldnt be "Rumored"?.....

What happend to your free Alabama attorney that THE JOKE claims is a member of this board that I pissed off?.....

My advise is quit relying on a bunch of windbags who think they know, but have no idea.....
Maybe it is worded wrong but that's what I could have done had I just paid the balance, not what I'm doing. I do have a retained lawyer who is preceeding full steam ahead. Unfortunatly this is a slow process.
prostock85 is offline  
Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
  #980
Registered
 
hunster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: oceanport nj
My Boats: 94 scarab 29
Posts: 1,626
Default

LDD is a piece of chit.
hunster is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
BOBCATMATHEWS
General Boating Discussion
20
09-08-2008 05:44 PM
dyno
General Boating Discussion
3
07-05-2003 03:05 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.