Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where is the Cigarette Market at ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/200439-where-cigarette-market.html)

blume 12-25-2008 11:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2765256)
Except it will shortly need service on those 850's at 15-26K each depending on who services them and it is not that much faster than a 700 boat. Buy it and do the service and you will be into it for as much as you can buy a used 07 39 700 boat.

You won't have the bragging rights of the bigger power/#6's but you can have just as much fun.......

First off!!!!!!!!!!!! "Merry Christmas" ..............................Well, rebuilds go for between $12,500.00 to a Mercury rebuild for $22,810.00. Most builders will rebuild them to 1075SCI Mercury specs for $12,500.00 to $18,000.00. The boat has a full cabin with a Vacuflush head and will run around 110 to 112mph with the 850's. The same 39' w/700 will run around 104mph, big difference????? If you rebuild the 850's to 1075's it will run over 120mph. Even with the rebuilds you would be considerably below a 700 boat and a lot faster.

blume 12-25-2008 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2765260)
Paint was 21K through Cigarette and the guy lives on the water so it is lift stored. No tow vehicle/ no place to store a trailer anyway. So why pay for a used Myco you will never use and have to pay to store it somewhere.......

At the time it was the best priced TG out there when compared to others that were the same money or more money, more hours, older boats. Keep in mind it was a demo situation but at the hands of Steve it wasn't a dealer boat beat to death by the salesman/potential clients.

Blume you have some great inventory and I feel bad you bought some of it/took on trade in much better times and now maybe upside down on the boats. You have nice stuff, priced good but in this market you may have to take a beating since it has been such a roller coaster year in the stock market, real estate market and in the banking industry.

My favorite boat is the 46 RR and the paint is classic Cigarette. If I had the coin that is the one I would want!
Good luck in the new year, maybe Santa will leave you some buyers for those boats.......

Thanks for all the nice comments, JS. Merry Christmas!!!!...................more pics of the 39' w/850's. FOR SALE!!!!!!!

dreamer 12-25-2008 11:46 AM

hey blume santa didnt leave me a glad under my tree!!!!!!!!

blume 12-25-2008 11:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2765270)
hey blume santa didnt leave me a glad under my tree!!!!!!!!

dreamer???????????????????????? "SANTA" didn't get any cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blume 12-25-2008 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)

My favorite boat is the 46 RR and the paint is classic Cigarette. If I had the coin that is the one I would want!.......

JS, The Rough Rider is seriously "FOR SALE" and a sweet boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

offshoredrillin 12-25-2008 12:26 PM

Dont ya get it Blume, if they keep telling you that its not worth it, they are hoping you believe it:rolleyes:... If you have to worry about the cost of owning it and maintaining it, and that includes overhauls, then honestly you cant afford it...go buy something you can afford to own AND operate...and stop berating the cig owners.

jeff1000man 12-25-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2765292)
Dont ya get it Blume, if they keep telling you that its not worth it, they are hoping you believe it:rolleyes:... If you have to worry about the cost of owning it and maintaining it, and that includes overhauls, then honestly you cant afford it...go buy something you can afford to own AND operate...and stop berating the cig owners.

What he said. I am not a cig owner though. :mad:

offshoredrillin 12-25-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2765293)
What he said. I am not a cig owner though. :mad:

exactly, it really isnt that hard to figure out, if one is looking at just being able to afford the boat, that really is the least expensive part of owning it, so no matter what you buy for it, can you afford to run it much less maintain it? fuel 500-1000 per weekend (boat and tow), food and drinks for 2 150.00 per weekend, if you trailer ramp fees, 15-40 bucks per weekend, insurance broken down per week 2400 per year is 200 per month. changing oil in motors and drives every 25 hours,150 per side(done by owner) if mechanic does it add 200.

if you blow your wad on just affording the boat, you are screwed elsewhere, then heaven forbid you have a catastrophic failure. but i guess it makes people feel better saying it's too expensive, if they cant afford it anyhow...Merry christmas from the fiscally responsible santa...:)

MikeyFIN 12-25-2008 12:49 PM

Blume you have some great inventory and I feel bad you bought some of it/took on trade in much better times and now maybe upside down on the boats. You have nice stuff, priced good but in this market you may have to take a beating since it has been such a roller coaster year in the stock market, real estate market and in the banking industry.

Toys like these are starting to be toys for the boys who donŽt need no credit or banks to buy one.

IŽd be blume IŽd just shut my ears on comments like these and look for the customers where they are.
ThereŽs loads of people still with money to burn.

jeff1000man 12-25-2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN (Post 2765301)
Toys like these are starting to be toys for the boys who donŽt need no credit or banks to buy one.

IŽd be blume IŽd just shut my ears on comments like these and look for the customers where they are.
ThereŽs loads of people still with money to burn.

Yes there are always people with money to burn, but we have to get them involved in our sport, so they will spend some money on it.