Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shadow Cat 30 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203006-shadow-cat-30-a.html)

T2x 09-08-2009 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by JTXPRESS (Post 2948299)
Joseito, Tu siempre preguntando por hombres, saludos Yoyo

I couldn't have said it better myself.

T2x

HotPursuit 09-08-2009 05:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I ran well over 2000 Hp in one for 5 yrs and couldnt have asked for a better ride. Rode the ruff better than some 36s.
My son still owns it and has used it and run it like it was right out the mold!!! George said I was crazy :eek:
We had the boat many of times in the 160+ range.I would cruise 140-150. The running shot was this year with 1500 hp on #4 big shafts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gLuF0xM4xw

Clustergear 09-08-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2797946)
If I see that picture one more time I am going to throw up.

That deck was not original in either shape or construction. It was put on AFTER the boat had a massive fire in a race in Michigan and the original deck ......burned off. After that kind of an inferno, the boat NEVER should have been run again IMHO.......... But somehow the boat gets dragged up as damaged due to a "stuff" at Key WEst. Truth is it should have been in a scrap yard a few years before that incident.

In Black Duck's original form and construction that wave in Key West would have created no damage at all.

T2x

I'am the one that re rigged the boat after the fire and raced with Nicky from 1987 till we stopped racing around 2000. We still work together. That stuff in Key West would have wrecked the original the deck off too. Also after the fire the boat came back and it still was winning. I have posted many pic of the shadow in its many faces on another site. Can't post pictures here.

T2x 09-09-2009 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Clustergear (Post 2948869)
. That stuff in Key West would have wrecked the original the deck off too.

With all due respect.... Wrong! You have no idea how hot that fire was, nor have you seen other Shadows that have had similar (or worse) stuffs. That deck was not properly bonded to the hull, the supports and bulkheads were not as originally built, and the hull was subjected to ridiculous heat. As I said...it never should have been repaired or raced after the fire. I said that BEFORE the stuff occurred knowing that the boat had been badly compromised.

FYI when it was burning you could see the thick black smoke...and flames from over 5 miles away.

T2x

us1kw 09-15-2009 09:44 PM

We (Spectre) are doing some work on a Shadow now named King Sting...Owner is making a show piece out of it. Probably won't see the water again which is a shame, but it will sure look good. Installing the original #3"s next week...

Gladhe8er 09-16-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 2953459)
We (Spectre) are doing some work on a Shadow now named King Sting...Owner is making a show piece out of it. Probably won't see the water again which is a shame, but it will sure look good. Installing the original #3"s next week...

Originally owned by Jimmy Denooyer who boats on Lake George, NY. I heard a rumor he was buying it back, but I guess that isn't true. Got any pics? I haven't seen it in almost 20 years.

T2x 09-16-2009 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 2953459)

Great boat back in the day...and kicked serious booty at an early 80's race in Nevada which featured the best Open boats from the West Coast. As I recall it was at least as fast as "El Boss", our record setting Sport Class Hull owned by Willie Diaz.

I don't understand why it would be used for display purposes only...other than it, too, is quite old and age takes a toll on super fast hulls.

T2x

smokeybandit 09-16-2009 01:05 PM

Was King Sting a black boat? I remember running from Miami up to Boca in 87 in the Apache and I had a black Shadow running with me the whole way. I'm pretty sure it was King Sting.

us1kw 09-16-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by smokeybandit (Post 2953854)
Was King Sting a black boat? I remember running from Miami up to Boca in 87 in the Apache and I had a black Shadow running with me the whole way. I'm pretty sure it was King Sting.

yep - it is black