Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PowerQuest what the heck is going on? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20417-powerquest-what-heck-going.html)

Schlieee 03-21-2002 12:17 PM

I'm not starting some wild internet rumor.
Remember, I didn't start this thread.

I'm only stating what everyone else has said in this thread
AND
I'm just wondering if anyone know's what is going on.

S

MikeStar 03-21-2002 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Schlieee
I'm not starting some wild internet rumor.
Remember, I didn't start this thread.

I'm only stating what everyone else has said in this thread
AND
I'm just wondering if anyone know's what is going on.

S

Sorry bout that - OK, then, for whoever started this thread and any other interested party, PQ's number is 616-772-9474. It works on any phone in the US and Canada, so have at it. And make sure you come back here and post what you find out.

Crazyhorse 03-21-2002 12:25 PM

Everyone here should realize the state of the economy. Unemployment is soaring, wages are not going up to match costs of living, prices are going up. This means the average family has less money to spend on non-essentials. Don't kid yourselves, guys. Powerquest is trying to survive, as is the company I work for. My employer just announced the closure of two more facilities,and has lightened the work force by 4,000 in the last 18 months. I wish Powerquest the best in these difficult times. I enjoy driving by their facility every day and looking at the new boats on their way to an excited family. Best of luck Powerquest.

MikeStar 03-21-2002 01:28 PM

Crazyhorse makes some good points. The economy overall is swinging back toward recovery and that recovery looks to be a strong one, but the effects will take a while to filter down. The first casualty in any economic downturn is discretionary spending, especially on big tkt items like boats and RVs, and those are usually the last industry to recover. I've talked to a couple of salesmen over the past few days, all of them told me that they can't give away performance boats here in Michigan.

That has the ring of truth to it when you consider that neither Fountain nor Formula has a dealer in the Detroit. Heck, the Sunsation factory is 40 minutes north of Detroit and they don't have a local dealer. I'd guess that Michigan is PQ's biggest market, and things are tight around here. Hopefully it won't last long...

Vyper340 03-22-2002 10:30 AM

BajaBoss

The deal you were presented for the 34 was WAY out of wack. Someone else mentioned that 35-40% off retail is a good number to aim for and I totally agree. In fact, just like buying any "big" ticket item like a car or boat, you have to do the research. I just had my 34 made and got it FULLY loaded with EVERY option and 496 HO's and got it for somewhere in the upper 30% off range (can't divulge all my secrets). The retail price was over $200k. I suggest finding other dealers if they don't want to "play ball".

Remember, NEVER get emotionally attached to a purchase item and ALWAYS be prepared to walk if you don't like what you are hearing.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking for any new purchase.

Dave:)

Vyper340 03-22-2002 01:28 PM

News Flash!!!

I contacted the factory today and it IS true that Pete Basica is no longer with PowerQuest. His whereabouts are unknown but I am sure that he will surface in our beloved boating industry soon.

Best of luck to him and hope to hear from him soon.

fast38 03-25-2002 08:39 AM

I have spoken to some people who work at PQ and pete will not be missed very much at the plant.

ROGMAN 03-26-2002 08:12 PM

I called up to the factory today, and much to my surprise someone answered the phone. No more automated recording. A real live person to greet you and direct you call to the proper person. At first it took me by surprise! This is a pleasant addition!!!!
Good Job P.Q!!!!