Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
PowerQuest what the heck is going on? >

PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Notices

PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Old 03-18-2002, 08:43 PM
fast38

Default PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

I just heard that they Dismisssed Pete Basica from the head of operations. What is going on there, since the new owners took over they lost their national sales manager, all of the reps, and now this.

Old 03-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is powerquest the one in Michigan? Or are they now Powerplay? I saw a boat this weekend that had both names on it, now that was really confusing.
Old 03-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powerquest....Michigan...sport boats....never raced. Used to be called Powerplay....got sued by .....

Powerplay....Florida....offshore boats.....storied (?) race history....still called Powerplay

Got it now???
Old 03-18-2002, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Did pete get another job??
Old 03-18-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is working as the sales manager for Sunsation (or at least he was supposed to be).
Old 03-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, I got it now, Waterfowl.

Another one of us Dutchmen that just do it till you get sued, then change it and get it right.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:09 PM
fast38

You are mistaken diveboy, Dennis Backis left PQ for Sunsation.

Old 03-19-2002, 12:14 PM
fast38

Old 03-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so what happened to kevin and todd?when and why did they sell powerquest?just curious
Old 03-19-2002, 03:28 PM
MikeStar

I'm pretty sure PQ changed hands sometime last spring or summer (almost a year ago)? It was a while anyhow...

I've heard the new owners are a group of west Michigan businessmen and that the head dogs were/are one of PQ's suppliers. Rumor mill says that these guys thought PQ was doing OK but could be elevated to bigger and better things. They're really pumping out the new product lately, the new 30' Revenge, the 32' Suncruiser, 28' Suncruiser, 38' Avenger Poker Run edition, rumors of a 38' or 39' Suncruiser in the next year or so.

Plus newly available custom painted graphics and (rumor has it) new PQ gear, shirts, jackets, that sort of thing. Should be interesting...

There was a couple of threads on the PQ owner's forum about the ownership change a while back.

Quick Reply: PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.