Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LEOPA run today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/213216-leopa-run-today.html)

rockstrmkr 07-18-2009 08:43 PM

LEOPA run today

Heard a yellow canopy Fountain checked out on more people than the Hampton Inn :hitfan:

...with stock 525's:eekdrop:

twinsteptiger 07-19-2009 05:40 AM

There was a yellow boat first to the toledo beach card stop. But it was a yellow 46 cigarette.!! There wasnt a fountain in sight......

phragle 07-19-2009 08:05 AM

ok..if the run ( i may be wrong but I think) started at MBC and the first stop was toledo beach, half the boats here couldnt even get on a plane in that distance.. not much for bragging rights.

connect the dots... maybe a mile and a half.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gle/monroe.jpg

ROADHOG 07-19-2009 08:38 AM

Maybe all about having fun and not EGO. Also 525's VS. 1075's

DO THE MATH!!!!!

twinsteptiger 07-19-2009 10:14 AM

It left detroit beach club quite a bit north of mbc. There was a pace boat..everyone was on plane:cool:

ROADHOG 07-19-2009 10:22 AM

What's Your Point!!!!

twinsteptiger 07-19-2009 10:29 AM

Just dont want anyone confusing a cigarette for a fountain!!!

ROADHOG 07-19-2009 10:44 AM

Anyone that knows anything about peformance boats would never make the mistake. IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

TeamShogren.com 07-19-2009 10:49 AM

LEOPA, you rock!!! Great job!!!

Well I am not sure where the rumors start or end but I would like to start off by saying this is the first time I have personally attended the LEOPA Run and we had a blast. This is a class act club that does a great job and should be acknowledged for a fantastic event. It was not a race, but a heckuva a GREAT time and we did see some different water conditions throughout the day. Let’s face it, there is always fun smack talked about at the docks the bars, etc. If it was not for brand loyal owners, proud owners, etc what fun would it be? Being a Fountain/Baja dealer, I carry those flags. This is definitely "Cigarette Country" and there were allot of beautiful Cigarettes there. Darn, there had to be 40 or more Cigs there, a great turn out Skip would have been proud of. Being this was my first run there I was not sure exactly where we were going and was told the first leg "very short" had very shallow water coming into stop and to be careful. We went way outside in our boat to burn a little fuel. We prepared for what we thought would be a 80-90 mile run and it was actually 49.6 miles according to our GPS. The first leg was fun but short, 44 Cig with 1075's, 46 Cig RR with 1075's, Lip Ship 36 with 700's, then us in our 40 Fountain Canopy with factory sealed 525's, then 42 Fountain with 700's. After that, not too sure as we were concerned about docking. After that we headed across the lake, we left about mid pack for a nice run, and we were definitely the first ones there. Now time for lunch at a very cool restaurant. We left lunch the 5th to last boat knowing it was a bit choppy and we had 24 miles to go. We worked our way all the way thru and finally passed the 44 Cig with 1075's and Lip Ship Gladiator (I will say Phil can drive a boat, he motored that 36 thru some good water). As we got closer to the center of the lake it got rougher and was a blast. When we entered mouth of harbor we turned around to see where everyone was coming in. Here comes Lip Ship 700 boat & 42 700 Fountain neck and neck, then the 44 Cig with 1075's. All I know is we had time to go into mouth of harbor and come back out before 2-3 boat were even close. It was not a race but rather a big lake with allot of room for all of us and there was no one close to us so it was plenty safe for us to run wide open with our 525's, A/C, iTunes and bottled water. There was allot of talk about 130MPH boats with mechanics flown in, throttlemen flown in, etc. The best I saw all day was 108 and our average across the 24 mile span was 102. Dan Davies, the owner of the 42 Canopy/pleasure boat was a great wheel man and did a great job. If he ever lightened this boat up (we scaled with fuel, people and all his shi- at 11K-OUCH!!) and took out of the pleasure/poker run circuit and raced it, I would have no problem throttling for him. Good job Dan, hope you had fun and learned a few things.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & BAJA By Fountain

twinsteptiger 07-19-2009 10:52 AM

Agree, great run and great people up there..