If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
    Toledo Oh
    I appreciate everyones support on this one. I'm gonna call again tommorow and ***** some more!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    As a business owner as well this is my take on the whole situation. IF you bought everything from them, and IF they recommended the products and told you what you needed and said that you can powder coat the part then they by all means SHOULD take the parts back. They were obligated in my mind to tell you the pitfalls of powdercoating that part. If I sell a customer a system and I miss something then I DO NOT get to charge that customer for that part that I missed. I just deal and make the customer happy. I think that they should take the part back. Sounds to me like all they had to do was open up the holes a bit before they powder coated the parts.

Put your best foot forward!

Charter Member #601 Charter Member Mr Gadgets's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999; 28' Checkmate Convincer, 588" Dart, Procharger, MSII EFI.
    Holland, Mi USA.
    Too Old,
    I have to believe that it will do some good!! I feel the pressure building at CP right now.
    Got to love this board!!

Americans These Days!

Firms Hire Jerks to Improve Customer Service

New York, N.Y. ( Taking their cue from Internet companies that have recently hired hackers to improve site security, several struggling online firms announced today they will hire unbearably rude bastards in hopes that they will help improve customer service.

"It's really a natural progression of the same theory," said Christos Cotsakos, CEO of E*Trade, which has announced it will place at least a dozen surly wankers in customer relations jobs by the end of the year. "You hire a hacker because they know how people abuse a system. We'll hire rude bastards because they understand the abusive mind, and they can help us deal with problem customers."

In truth, using ill-mannered jerks as customer service representatives is nothing new. Local phone companies have been doing it for years. What is new is that Internet companies are now doing it, and therefore it is fantastically original.

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    I ordered a catalog from them 3 months ago...never received it. Didn't bother me any, Eddie Marine received my order for the parts.

My Boats:
    1993, Fountain, 32' Fever
    Conifer, CO
    I ordered high flow fuel pumps from them. None of the fittings were of a standard size, and they ended up causing a fuel starvation problem at WOT. Switched back to the stock ones, and life is good. Since then, I've heard that these fuel pumps are no good anyway, and I should go electric.

My Boats:
    just a filter
    They won't see the first $ from me.....unless it's earned..

My Boats:
    27 Progression O/B twin 225 Mercs
    what the hell ever happened to the old saying .. the customer is always right..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123