Notices

Motion 35 trip outboards

Old 01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motion 35 trip outboards

I'm rigging a 35 Motion with triple outboards on CMC jackplates, where should the outer outboards be rigged, how close to the tunnel? the engine height is 25" for the outer engines and 20" for the center engine? also some help as to engine height both for the outer engines and the center engine would be appreciated.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
I'm rigging a 35 Motion with triple outboards on CMC jackplates, where should the outer outboards be rigged, how close to the tunnel? the engine height is 25" for the outer engines and 20" for the center engine? also some help as to engine height both for the outer engines and the center engine would be appreciated.
Sounds really cool. Any pictures?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a triple engine cat ,and a quad engine (and now I run this setup on my twin engine cat ),we set up the left and right mounted engines with the propellor tip running 1 to 1 1/2 inch in the tunnel,we found this on several racing cats with triples ,the height depents on a lot of things ,but on your boat that has a huge notch ,I would start with the center propshaft 1 inch above the bottem to see if there,s enough water pressure ,and then work up with 1/4 inch at a time adjustments.
The center engine on that triple boat was 2 inch above the lowest point of the side sponsons ,and had always enough water pressure .
Off course when you run external pick ups ,you won,t have water pressure problems when adjusting the engine heights.
I would not recommand this to anyone ,but we did this ...
I tied myseld up with a few ropes ,so I had a good grip when laying between the engines on the aft deck ,so I had a good vieuw on the lower units ,let my nephew drove the boat up to 100 mph on 100% flat water ,so we could adjust the engines so that all the water in front of the gearcases was going just under the bullets ,right into the water pickups ,and I could clearly see the upper cones free from the water .

Its not something I would do again ,cause its kinda scary ..
Old 01-02-2010, 03:36 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus Stirling I don,t know you where that crazy !

That must be a lot of years back when you was young ,if youre still interested we can do the same thing on the p21 ?!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Registered

I tried to get in touch with someone at motion about a new 35 with trip 300s. I emailed and called no one ever called me back or replied.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stirling
I had a triple engine cat ,and a quad engine (and now I run this setup on my twin engine cat ),we set up the left and right mounted engines with the propellor tip running 1 to 1 1/2 inch in the tunnel,we found this on several racing cats with triples ,the height depents on a lot of things ,but on your boat that has a huge notch ,I would start with the center propshaft 1 inch above the bottem to see if there,s enough water pressure ,and then work up with 1/4 inch at a time adjustments.
The center engine on that triple boat was 2 inch above the lowest point of the side sponsons ,and had always enough water pressure .
Off course when you run external pick ups ,you won,t have water pressure problems when adjusting the engine heights.
I would not recommand this to anyone ,but we did this ...
I tied myseld up with a few ropes ,so I had a good grip when laying between the engines on the aft deck ,so I had a good vieuw on the lower units ,let my nephew drove the boat up to 100 mph on 100% flat water ,so we could adjust the engines so that all the water in front of the gearcases was going just under the bullets ,right into the water pickups ,and I could clearly see the upper cones free from the water .

Its not something I would do again ,cause its kinda scary ..
I'd imagine most of your fillings would be rattled out with those outboards turning 6k+ only inches from your head!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

was it originally a triple engine boat? something to keep in mind, when you mount any outboard directly in the tunnel the mid case takes a huge beating unless you put a pod in to deflect the water.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Call Larry at Xtreme marine. He is the best there is in Motion set up. He set up more then anyone else. 954-610-2260. Don't drill a thing without talking to him!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Call Larry at Xtreme marine. He is the best there is in Motion set up. He set up more then anyone else. 954-610-2260. Don't drill a thing without talking to him!!!!
Second that!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered

Default Motion 35

yes larry is really tops, he's helping me a lot. glassdave yes i'm going to build a water deflector for the middle engine, as instructed by larry too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.