Notices

Latest Powerboat Magazine

Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Matt, loved your article on the 1350 Merc racing engine and M8 drive. Pismo

Yes it was excellent, especially the interviews with Fred and that other guy. Puts to rest all the rumors about an outside builder... Good job Matt!
Thanks, Catmando, for the kind words. I also wrote the story on the 1300/1350 for Cigarette Racing's "Smokin'" magazine, which means I started on it in January so I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Mercury Racing that kept me from saying anything to to anyone until after the debut in Miami.

I've signed lots of NDAs over the years, but this one was, without question, was the toughest one to abide by because it's such a cool project. But I held my tongue and swallowed hard every time I came here. It was really interesting coming here, checking out the threads and reading speculation, most of which was not accurate but all of which was good reading, about the project.

On another note: Jayboat, if Performance Boats was bigger than Powerboat, (and I have no reason to doubt you) good for them. And I mean that in all sincerity. I do not wish failure on any publication. I was saddened at the demise of Hot Boat and Extreme Boats, just as I am sad that H20 Full Throttle is on hold.

I love working online, and I have (for Boats.com) since early 2000. But I also love magazines, from helping create them to holding the finished product. It is a joy and a privilege.

Let's hope they all survive.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
On another note: Jayboat, if Performance Boats was bigger than Powerboat, (and I have no reason to doubt you) good for them. And I mean that in all sincerity. I do not wish failure on any publication. I was saddened at the demise of Hot Boat and Extreme Boats, just as I am sad that H20 Full Throttle is on hold.

I love working online, and I have (for Boats.com) since early 2000. But I also love magazines, from helping create them to holding the finished product. It is a joy and a privilege.

Let's hope they all survive.
Totally agree, Matt. Let's all keep working to do what we can and hope that better times are ahead.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Some great insight into the magazine and publishing world. I've been online in some capacity since 1994. While some of the content online for news and information is pretty darn good now, I still subscribe to many print magazines. Boating mags in general are just plain better in print than online, although the additional content online is nice to have.

It wasn't that long ago that some of the nice folks on television shows thought the demise of the newsprint and publishing business was funny. The feelings spread online. But now that the print mags have had major tough times, people miss them.

I hope they come back strong, the internet will never really replace the look and feel of printed mags.