Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/229941-bobthebuilder-heading-back-islands-looking-new-adventure.html)

hoserhead 05-14-2010 11:27 AM

yes boy , dis adventure bean fun reading. u sure u ain no conky joe capn from marsh arbour instead a bein sum hockey playin canadian from where dos maple leafs play.

Bobthebuilder 05-14-2010 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by hoserhead (Post 3110261)
yes boy , dis adventure bean fun reading. u sure u ain no conky joe capn from marsh arbour instead a bein sum hockey playin canadian from where dos maple leafs play.

Maple Leafs ?? You be joking , eh? Now how bout dem Canadiens , eh? Dats a hockey team! Ave we met? ( hope not ! LOL )

Airpacker 05-14-2010 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 3109848)
Thanks, Kim. That is extremely helpful. Much appreciated and yes I will continue to post as we progress. Glad I am not on the water this week. It is blowing 18 to 24 knots right into mid next week. Sailflow is showing winds dropping to single digits on Thursday, the day I am set to return. Hopefully I will get the window we need.
Again, thanks.
Bob

Well, if you make it that far Bob, you might as well keep heading south to the island of Dominica. You could visit with my buddy Jay.
You might remember him from the BT poker run circuit. He drove a black Velocity named Thin Lizzy. He is living there in his own private lagoon on his 60 foot sail cat while his new house is being built.

cowisl 05-14-2010 12:50 PM

Culebra and Vieques are worth checking out! We used to vacation in Boqueron as well

seans36baja 05-14-2010 02:10 PM

Hey bob great read thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I have had the chance to meet you here in town at a couple of fmo events and key west. I do think we should change your name from bobthebuilder to bobtheboater. What does everyone else think? He is the ambassador of offshore boating got any good names for Bob!!

FuelinAround 05-14-2010 03:24 PM

OMG Bob what is "Northern Lights" is it a charter or privately owned. That is a gorgeous peice of equipment

Racegirl3 05-14-2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by seans36baja (Post 3110351)
Hey bob great read thank you for sharing your adventures with us. .............. I do think we should change your name from bobthebuilder to bobtheboater. What does everyone else think? He is the ambassador of offshore boating got any good names for Bob!!

:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

jayboat 05-14-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by seans36baja (Post 3110351)
got any good names for Bob!!

Some of us in Ft Myers Offshore refer to him as "The Bobfather." :drink:

rockstrmkr 05-14-2010 05:00 PM

Admiral Barnhart...King of the Yucatan Straits and then some

dammmagnum 05-14-2010 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by cowisl (Post 3110314)
Culebra and Vieques are worth checking out! We used to vacation in Boqueron as well

Hello Cowisi
I lived in Boqueron for about 3 years when I was work in PR
love the place.Nothing like a ice cold Medalla Beer on a hot beach day.

Thank you
Jim