Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Member "firehawkcat" is a Good Guy (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/231125-oso-member-firehawkcat-good-guy.html)

SDFever 05-23-2010 12:46 PM

OSO Member "firehawkcat" is a Good Guy

I only put this in here just to add a touch of positive light to the "beware" section... And where else would I put it??

This member bought a used coupler I offered and he paid right away. Further, he called me to ask a question about paypal as he has usually been directed there via ebay but never logged on just to send someone money directly...

After walking him through it, he realized that I as the seller would be charged the 2.99 or 3 percent of the deal. Not only did he pay right away but he was kind enough to pay the fee that I am responsible for.

So there you have it. There ARE some good guys left in the world. It's not the extra money that counts to me. It's the FRIENDLY ATTITUDE and willingness to realize he got a good deal and he wanted BOTH parties to be happy with it.

He did not have to do that for me. So to him I say THANK YOU!

Velocity Vector 05-23-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by SDFever (Post 3117608)
I only put this in here just to add a touch of positive light to the "beware" section... And where else would I put it??

This member bought a used coupler I offered and he paid right away. Further, he called me to ask a question about paypal as he has usually been directed there via ebay but never logged on just to send someone money directly...

After walking him through it, he realized that I as the seller would be charged the 2.99 or 3 percent of the deal. Not only did he pay right away but he was kind enough to pay the fee that I am responsible for.

So there you have it. There ARE some good guys left in the world. It's not the extra money that counts to me. It's the FRIENDLY ATTITUDE and willingness to realize he got a good deal and he wanted BOTH parties to be happy with it.

That's wonderfull, so many will not do that. Another option is you can also on paypal send a payment on the personal tab and send it as payment owed and no one is charged the 3% charge.

firehawkcat 05-23-2010 01:37 PM

Got worried for a second when i saw my name in the beware area

SDFever 05-23-2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector (Post 3117617)
That's wonderfull, so many will not do that. Another option is you can also on paypal send a payment on the personal tab and send it as payment owed and no one is charged the 3% charge.

Did not know that. That's great. Now I feel stupid -

offshoredrillin 05-23-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by SDFever (Post 3117608)

Good to hear, I just had a great experience with a guy in the classifieds too for 2 sets of CMI headers, he had is g/f drop them off at my partners shop in Vegas so he could inspect and give him the cash..thanks Pat!

Indy 05-23-2010 05:25 PM

I just sold a Anchor Shade to bajaboatnut. I shipped it out without any payment from him, told him if it was as represented then send me a check. I got the check a few days after he got it. Small transaction for sure but good business still happens on OSO.

mike tkach 05-23-2010 08:14 PM

most people are honest and trustworthy,it,s to bad that a few azzholes are out to screw people,i have baught&sold tons of stuff on oso and not been screwed yet.maybe im just luckey,or maybe its the power of oso.

Throttle Fever 05-23-2010 08:26 PM

That goes For SDFever too. Have had a couple of dealings with him and he has always been up front and prompt with shipping. There are a few good ones left. Pete

offshoredrillin 05-24-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 3117855)
most people are honest and trustworthy,it,s to bad that a few azzholes are out to screw people,i have baught&sold tons of stuff on oso and not been screwed yet.maybe im just luckey,or maybe its the power of oso.

Very valid point. that why this section serves as the "neighborhood watch" :)

firehawkcat 05-24-2010 08:40 PM

Dealing with SDFever was excellent called me today told it was shipped just like he said he would thanks somebody needs to buy all his parts great prices fast shipping