Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another BAD business,, any ideas ?? >

Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Notices

Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Old 04-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you dispute the charges he does not get paid..... and the credit card company will make the final ruling... as stateted pictures and any infor you can get are more than helpful.. wait till the wife gets home in a minute.. she'll fill in all the details... we go thru this all the time in our biz..from the vendors side.... and no we dont' provide bad service.... it's just the nature of our biz.....
Old 04-30-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

look out here she comes..... hell on wheels
Old 04-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

I agree 100%! Call your c.c. company RIGHT AWAY, Explain it to them, Take photos,With a newspaper or like to prove date, Have your girlfriend write a statement. Your c.c. co. will withhold payment to them & charges on your statement. Tell your c.c. co that you only wanted them to repair it like it was supposed to be, and that you would have no problem paying Original Amount. More than likely your c.c. co will side with you.
SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE!!!!!!!!
P.S. If you go down there wait till you are not the only "CUSTOMER" in the place before asking why they would do this. Quite often they will fix it just to get you to SHUT UP!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, what everyone said above. And if you STILL get no satisfaction, tell them you will be sending Traviss over to take care of it. If they don't have a clue who Traviss is, just laugh and walk away!!!! Oh, and tell him to lock up his underage female children (and pets).

Seriously, document everything, take pics, and call the c.c. company!!!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts are:

You should of gone back with her when you found the tear. They might not of blown you off, with the story that it didn't happen there.

Challange it on your card. Card companys lean toward their card holders.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If you do it in a timely fashion the vendor will not get paid until it is settled.If he has already been paid,the credit card company can pull the amount from his statement. I had my cc company tell me ,well we already paid them. I said good,because I wont be paying you,so you figure out how to collect. They took it off my statement and that was the last I heard. Just don't drag your feet on this,cc companies pay out vendors sometimes days after the transaction. I guess here is the bottom line.Tell the credit card company you REFUSE to pay and THAT IS FINAL. Bet you a cold one it's off your next statement.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:57 AM
Registered

Default Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys...

I asked her to call the C.C.C first thing today.

I guess in hind sight I should have gone with her, but if I was there with the attitude he gave her, One of two things would have happened,, either him or I would have had to call 911.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:05 PM
TRISUM

Give him the opportunity to fix the problem first, but let him know if he doesn't you are contacting your credit card company. He should not want to fight you over such a small thing, this will affect his rating with the credit card processing company. If a business has or gets too many charge backs their processing rate goes up. FYI

Old 05-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Registered

Not only does the rating go up I have seen C.C companies yank funds out of accounts due to too many chargebacks and customer disputes...evne if he has been paid they may have the right to pull funds from his account in your case....the C.C. companies didn't get so fat and happy by letting things fall thru the cracks..... good luck
Old 05-02-2002, 02:14 AM
TRISUM

Yes they will remove the funds from his account until the situation is settled. We had a customer buy a $5000.00 set of wheels and tires- a month later we get a letter requesting information on the transaction... BAM 5K gone out of the account. The person who owned the card claimed that they never received the original "card" in the mail and that it must be fraud. We submitted all the information we took from customer: DL #, signed invoice, address, etc. About a month later after the CC company did their investigation we had the monies re-deposited. It sucked!!!!!! Guilty till proven innocent............ Sorry so long.