Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another BAD business,, any ideas ?? >

Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Notices

Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Old 04-30-2002, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Well, It seems I have been bitten by the BAD BUSINESSMAN. Here are the details...

The seam on the bench seat of my baja where everyone steps into the boat let loose. I decided to have the whole seat re-upholstered, at a cost of 275.00. I drop the seat off and my fiancee picked it up, the guy behind the counter said it was in the back and he would bring it out to her car, she pays they go out to the explorer, he slips it into the truck and notices some black film, he says well it was sitting on the shelf and its just some dust... This place is a auto repair and an auto/marine upholstery shop. He tells he it will wipe right off, anyway, she gets the seat home, I go out to the truck to take it out and notice that on one end there looks like a mouse has chewed a hole I look closer and see some black grit in the tear and see that it obviously had been dropped or torn at their shop. I leave it in the truck ask her to go back since she dealt with the guy. She goes back and brings the rip to his attention and he says, " THERE IS NO WAY THIS HAPPENED IN THIS SHOP,, It was dropped very hard for this to happen ( no **** ). HE tells her there is nothing he will do and its your problem now...

I totally agree she should have FULLY checked over the seat, but the guy purposely put it in her truck with the end facing so she could not see it.. regardless, I didn't even take the seat out of the truck.. Anyway, the guy basically told her to get lost.. So much for repeat business and good business practices..

Hopefully the word will get out and nobody else will get treated like a piece of crap...

She paid with credit card but there isn't much re-course with that... he said she said thing...

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas, I brought a ripped seat to be repaired and got a ripped seat in return..

The business is Jo-Lea auto and marine repair and upholstery located in Peekskill NY... His treatement and attitude toward my girlfriend was totally unacceptable, and if this post costs him one repair or customer....
Old 04-30-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks! Have you spoken to him personally? Might not change his tune but you can at least bust his balls. I would go there and argue with him as long as you can, just to waste his time and aggravate him. Then call him on the phone every day, 2-10 times a day. You won't get your money back but at least you can have some fun.
Old 04-30-2002, 05:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Man I am sorry to hear about your troubles. But if she paid by credit card there is something most definately that CAN be done.
Call your credit card company and DISPUTE the charges. They will ask for you to submit it to them in writing. I repeat,DISPUTE the charges and refuse to pay. Most likely you credit company will drop the charges from your card. DO NOT PAY
Old 04-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Definately dispute the charges. If the owner realizes that he is going to have to deal with the credit card company instead of your girlfriend, he may offer to repair/replace just to avoid the hassle and bad press. Or he may just be an *******, who knows!

Mike
Old 04-30-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Boat Nut is dead on........ dispute dispute dispute.....
Old 04-30-2002, 06:10 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you dispute the charges onyoour card, do you still get charged, and will the shop still get paid? I take it this is about the same as stopping payment on a check??? Just curious
Old 04-30-2002, 06:16 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Go back there WITH your finacee' and politely ask how he plans to make good. If he refuses to fix the seat inform the guy that you are disputing the charges with your credit card company meaning he will unlikely be paid. Hind site being 20/20, you should have gone back with her from the get go.
Why is it that SOME people in the repair business think they can take advantage or treat woman like crap. That sh*t irritates me.

Good luck on resolving this problem.

Paul
Old 04-30-2002, 06:23 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I've had excellent results doing charge backs on my credit card. I've proably recovered over $500 using this method. Call your credit card company and tell them that you wish to dispute a charge. They'll have you write a statement and it'll take a few months, but you may just come out ahead.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:28 PM
Registered

If you dispute charge, credit card company can & will take money back they gave you (business). I think you then have to go & prove you are right (business) Since we have been taking credit cards I have never had that problem (imn my business) but I (personally) have contested charges before when a company charges me (personally) double or forgets to give me a credit.

Hope you understand the way I have this written.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Steve_H

ive disputed several charges and have won all of them.it will take several monthes to finalize but its worth the trouble.

also , the guy who has the most documentation usually wins so start writing and take some picks!!!

you have to fight jerks like that or they will treat others the same.

GOOD LUCK.

Quick Reply: Another BAD business,, any ideas ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.