Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cosker On Mystic Delamination >

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Notices

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Old 08-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There is NO doubt that Skater builds a great boat,and they are a great repair facility also but I find it hard to believe that Cosker would not stand behind his product especially since he built it with one purpose in mind to go very fast with Turbine power.I am just curious did he say he would not fix the boat or did he say hey it is what it is or did he not even get the opportunity to do anything about it,I do not know him but from what people say ,,he is a stright shooter and that he stands behind his product.What is his take on all this,just curious.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=1HYPER1;3179705]There is NO doubt that Skater builds a great boat,and, they are a great repair facility also but I find it hard to believe that Cosker would not stand behind his product especially since he built it with one purpose in mind to go very fast with Turbine power.I am just curious did he say he would not fix the boat or did he say hey it is what it is or did he not even get the opportunity to do anything about it,I do not know him but from what people say ,,he is a stright shooter and that he stands behind his product.What is his take on all this,just curious.[/QUOTE

for starters, Cosker was at St. Clair when the boat delaminated (again) during testing..... let's see now if I were Cosker I would think to myself "f....k, we need to fix this and fast, Jbs racing wants to be in Michigan City, IN for the SBI race in two weeks, maybe I should take it to Florida and get this fixed and figured immediately, because Jeff spent a ton of money with us and we will stand by our product"!!!

what actually happened? nah I can't it back, bring it down yourself and we will try to repair it right this time......oh and by the way I am on vacation next week, I will get back to you in a few weeks.....
Old 08-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Registered

what does standing behind your product mean? jeff has had 2 boats from mystic that have continually failed since day 1 on both..."cosmetic" damage is not the answer. nor was adding stringers here and there when it failed. nor was adding additional support during the winter. other boats having multiple issues as well.

so to sum it up:

we know the 2 boats cosker built for jeff were built incorrectly. there is no debating that. i can debate what arruda did to add to the equation.

we know that EVERY FIX coster did on BOTH boats failed. that cannot be debated.

platinum, tencara, and mystic are all $exy boats!

covering for him because; the "what if" we need another complete hull from cosker is just no longer an option. cosker PAYING JEFF to fix his mistakes is not even a possibility. he just plain and simple cannot do it.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Double Down;3179723]
Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
.[/QUOTE

for starters, Cosker was at St. Clair when the boat delaminated (again) during testing..... let's see now if I were Cosker I would think to myself "f....k, we need to fix this and fast, Jbs racing wants to be in Michigan City, IN for the SBI race in two weeks, maybe I should take it to Florida and get this fixed and figured immediately, because Jeff spent a ton of money with us and we will stand by our product"!!!

what actually happened? nah I can't it back, bring it down yourself and we will try to repair it right this time......oh and by the way I am on vacation next week, I will get back to you in a few weeks.....
but he was a stright shooter doing the interview with matt t. FLAT OUT LYING about MANY of the statements made! not to mention placing blame on jbs rather than himself!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
There is NO doubt that Skater builds a great boat,and they are a great repair facility also but I find it hard to believe that Cosker would not stand behind his product especially since he built it with one purpose in mind to go very fast with Turbine power.I am just curious did he say he would not fix the boat or did he say hey it is what it is or did he not even get the opportunity to do anything about it,I do not know him but from what people say ,,he is a stright shooter and that he stands behind his product.What is his take on all this,just curious.
Im not involved in this, so I can not speak definitivly, this is just my take on the matter...

Say you buy a shiny new F650 to pull your boat. F650's are made to pull things. You hook your boat up and head down the road and the next thing you know the frame cracks. You call ford and they say oops, we will give you a new F650. You get the new truck and the frame cracks again. So you take it back to ford and the mechanic climbs under it, welds it up and says your good to go. Next weekend you hook up the boat and head to the ramp and the frame cracks again. Do you...

A: take it back to Ford and pray it gets fixed right this time

B: Take it to another mechanic with a world reknowned reputation for fixing frames

All the while knowing in the back off your head that if the frame cracks hauling the boat down the freeway there is a good chance your either going to die or get banged up pretty good.....

Last edited by phragle; 08-10-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Skater

JC was going to repair the boat for "free" which meant I had to deliver and pick the boat up in Florida.it would have cost me $5K to do that and I would have missed a sponsored race.bringing the boat to Skater was a no-brainer---we had the boat actualy fixed for less than it would have cost to drive it to Florida plus still made it to Michigan city and put $20k of sponsorship in JBS racings account.we did win the race overall-even with the prop planted in the transom of the boat.
Everyone can remain skeptical if they want to-JBS racing is very excited about it's future-which may include building the badest ass cats on the planet.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
JC was going to repair the boat for "free" which meant I had to deliver and pick the boat up in Florida.it would have cost me $5K to do that and I would have missed a sponsored race.bringing the boat to Skater was a no-brainer---we had the boat actualy fixed for less than it would have cost to drive it to Florida plus still made it to Michigan city and put $20k of sponsorship in JBS racings account.we did win the race overall-even with the prop planted in the transom of the boat.
Everyone can remain skeptical if they want to-JBS racing is very excited about it's future-which may include building the badest ass cats on the planet.
Jeff thanks for the info,I was just curious because you would think as a company that sells such a high end product they would do everything and anything possible to keep there customers happy especially knowing that yourself and Joe are very vocal about the entire situation at hand.I wish you lots of luck and hope you continue to move in a forward direction.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Vocal

We plan on being very vocal about what's happening.I paid top dollar for less than average equipment.I've been lied too directly from Arruda and Cosker and they have lied about me.it's a joke.full exposure is my goal.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skater is TOP Notch

I have known Peter for many years and I can tell you he is still one of the top builders in the country

Not a bad Glass repair guy either

Skater On Garth
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
We plan on being very vocal about what's happening.I paid top dollar for less than average equipment.I've been lied too directly from Arruda and Cosker and they have lied about me.it's a joke.full exposure is my goal.
This is making the irony of Cosker's comment to Matt, all the more accurate:

“The Internet can be your greatest friend or your worst enemy these days, with sometimes unqualified people making judgments on situations they have no firsthand knowledge of,” said John Cosker, the founder and owner of Mystic Powerboats in Deland, Fla.

“But hey, it’s America and they are certainly entitled to their opinions.”

I hope you guys get the boat in reliable running condition. It's nice to have some other guys out there like you & Joe, that are competitive in that class, other than JUST Geico mopping up at EVERY event.

Is Aquamania still in the game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.