32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain >

32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain

Notices

32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain

Old 08-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's be real. Older vs newer versions of each makes for a hard comparison. So many changes over the years. Go try the options. Make your personal choice. Age old debate here on OSO.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

We have a few members in our club with the newer 32 Sunsations and I can tell you for sure they run very well, as for size and comfort I would once again go for the sunny. JMHO Take them both out for a ride and make your decision from there, both great boats just depends what you like. Here is a pic that fits this thread just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails 32' Sunsation vs 35' Fountain-40019_1259687712791_1847615221_508528_5746372_n.jpg  

Last edited by laszlo01; 08-17-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
You already said the words you need to hear.... Sunsation has the best customer service you will find... hands down - Nor-tech I hear is pretty good as well
how do you like the donzi so far
Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My buddy Mike has a 1995 35 Fountain, and my buddy andy has a 2000 32 sunsation. Both great boats. Been on 32 Sunsation quite a bit. I also own a 38 Fountain. We boat on Lake Michigan, which is pretty nasty at times. Both boats hold up well to the pounding.

The Fountain is a bigger boat. The Fountain is more like true 32ft boat, and the sunsation like a true 30FT boat. The sunpad on the Fountain will be much bigger.

Both of my buddies have mild power. So cant really say how they handle at high speeds. Really cant go wrong with either boat. Either boat is a drivers boat, built well, and have good reputations.

One thing i like about the Fountain, is they have had that hull around for about 30 years, and keep improving it from when it began as the "10 Meter". There are lots of 10 meter's and 35's with big power. I know of a old 10 meter with big power that runs 100+.
I say go look at both, and go drive both. Then make your choice based on your likings.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My buddy Mike has a 1995 35 Fountain, and my buddy andy has a 2000 32 sunsation. Both great boats. Been on 32 Sunsation quite a bit. I also own a 38 Fountain. We boat on Lake Michigan, which is pretty nasty at times. Both boats hold up well to the pounding.

The Fountain is a bigger boat. The Fountain is more like true 32ft boat, and the sunsation like a true 30FT boat. The sunpad on the Fountain will be much bigger.

Both of my buddies have mild power. So cant really say how they handle at high speeds. Really cant go wrong with either boat. Either boat is a drivers boat, built well, and have good reputations.

One thing i like about the Fountain, is they have had that hull around for about 30 years, and keep improving it from when it began as the "10 Meter". There are lots of 10 meter's and 35's with big power. I know of a old 10 meter with big power that runs 100+.
I say go look at both, and go drive both. Then make your choice based on your likings.
Like Mild said I have a 32' dominator and Redhotsommer has a 35 Fountain. He makes some great points. If you compare apples to apples as far as year and power, they boats share similiar qualities and some significate differences. The freeboard on the dominator and the fountain are both pretty low. The cockit space, and sunpad and engine room go to fountain. I like the cabin bettter in the Sunsation. Both boats will be close in speed to each other with equal power. As far as rough water ride the edge goes to Fountain, if the Fountain is a 10 the Sunsation will be an 8 in the rough. Customer service definately goes to Sunsation, thats factory support when buying a used boat, second to none, my experiece are based on buying a USED 99 dominator. Both boats are definately drivers boat and qualities especially rough water ride are determined by the operator of the boat, that being said the fountain is more forgiving for the novice operater. Bottom line is I would base your decesion on your experience and opinions of both boats. Just a little food for though, call the Sunsation Factory and ask to talk to Wayne or Joe, the owners, or call Fountain and ask for Reggie and see what happens. A final thought who just filed bankrupcy and stuck there vendors with the bill and who just released a new
model.

My .02
Old 08-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

My opinion of Fountains customer service has been good. I called them, asked them if they still carried the venturi wind deflector for my 1990 38 fever. They said they do, and the cost was around 300 bucks. Cockpit carpet, was around 400 bucks. This is very reasonable imo for factory direct replacements. I couldn't go aftermarket and beat them prices. Fountain has always water tested and provided each boat with its own performance report. They still had the one for my 1990. Reggie may not be able to answer the phone himself when you call, but I can't think of one performance boat company founder who has been involved as reggie. He was a champion racer, set records, attends poker runs and various events, and doesn't mind mingling and talking shop with the common folk.

As for the bankruptcy thing, sure, but there were many great companies around that failed when Fountain flourished. Maybe if reggie raped his customers like some of the other builders who would charge 2000 bucks for a factory wind deflector, or 1200 for cockpit carpet, BK wouldn't have been a issue.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

My opinion of Fountains customer service has been good. I called them, asked them if they still carried the venturi wind deflector for my 1990 38 fever. They said they do, and the cost was around 300 bucks. Cockpit carpet, was around 400 bucks. This is very reasonable imo for factory direct replacements. I couldn't go aftermarket and beat them prices. Fountain has always water tested and provided each boat with its own performance report. They still had the one for my 1990. Reggie may not be able to answer the phone himself when you call, but I can't think of one performance boat company founder who has been involved as reggie. He was a champion racer, set records, attends poker runs and various events, and doesn't mind mingling and talking shop with the common folk.

As for the bankruptcy thing, sure, but there were many great companies around that failed when Fountain flourished. Maybe if reggie raped his customers like some of the other builders who would charge 2000 bucks for a factory wind deflector, or 1200 for cockpit carpet, BK wouldn't have been a issue.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I would own a Fountain in a heartbeat if a deal was right, as I would several other makes. Obviously has a strong lineage. Again we're talking a 35 vs a 32. Not necessarily a fair comparison, but definitely closer than the 32 vs the 29.

Personal preference, and the deal at hand will rule the day. Always does.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KN
I saw that boat, I check Sunsations website on a regular basis. It looks like a very nice boat, competitivly priced. I just really don't like the purple's that seem to be on a lot of the Sunsations around those years. I've even talked to Mitch about painting a 32' all white because I can't seam to find one that I like the graphics on.

Find one near here and we can do it white for you...