Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many OSO guru's don't own a boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/238107-how-many-oso-gurus-dont-own-boat.html)

haulinvols 09-01-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts (Post 3197023)
I know of at least 3 of these people on the site. Taking advice from these people on line could be questionable.

Taking advice online in any forum is always "questionable". Having been on this and other forums for several years I have formed opinions as to who I trust and who I don't based on real world feedback from other individuals I do know personally. There are always keyboard cowboys, Google Experts and bull ****ters no matter what type of forum you play on. After a while, you know who is full of **** and who has the experience to back up the talk.

I went boatless for three seasons and luckily had several friends invite me along for diferent runs and gatherings. I am back in a boat (thank god) and they all know I have a seat for them any time they can join the wife and I.

tomtbone1993 09-01-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by spk1 (Post 3196813)
I dont know sometimes I think the guys that can resist the addiction and not throw all their cash into one of these holes in the water, iss the smart one. Unfortunately Im a glutten for punishment , the only bright spot is I have a website full of people just like me wanting just as much punishment or more that help keep me from being a quitter! :evilb: :drink: However my heros are the guys that love this shyt enough to wrench and struggle all year to take a $20,000 ten minute boat ride, blow an engine, say screw it, get drunk with your buddys for one night, then head back to the shop to pay his dues for another ten minute boat ride. But hell 10mins at 70-80-90-100 is better than a year at cruiser speed! :evilb:

why did you have to drag me into this????:lolhit::coolcowboy:

MahopacMarine 09-01-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3196712)
I fit that description.

However, if you do a search on my past experiences with dealers and how much I lost you may understand.

I could buy a few different boats right now but I am holding out for what I want, and paying cash for a title from a BUILDER.

Come on Cash........ Give me a chance buddy:drink:

spk1 09-01-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 3197161)
why did you have to drag me into this????:lolhit::coolcowboy:

Because< if you hadnt put that first frickin 29 fountain in your driveway years ago, I would have never gone out and bought that excalibur,,,,I would have just been happy with the 19 4winns, I blame yoou! but I promise, I wont quit till you do, so i guess we are in this one together :drink: :drink:

Tom A. 09-01-2010 01:52 PM

I think there are two very distinct groups here.

First is the true boatless guru: He would be the guy who has had many boats in the past, some sort of connection either making, selling, and or racing boats and just happens to not have a boat at this time.

Second is the wannabe boatless guru: He would be the one who claims to have all the history and knowledge but never owned (or barely owned) an offshore go-fast boat and never had any direct connection with building, selling or racing.

vette131 09-01-2010 01:56 PM

Is this directed at Cat?

Fast Shafts 09-01-2010 01:57 PM

Right on Tom A., the second group are the ones I'm talking about!

Cash Bar 09-01-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine (Post 3197162)
Come on Cash........ Give me a chance buddy:drink:

Okay Charlie, you, and a select few others(Woods) would get a shot. In fact, I gave Woods $1 awhile back for a future purchase.

Hope all is well buddy.

Catmando 09-01-2010 02:35 PM

Not a "guru" but I did own a 24' Carlson trimaran. It was stolen in Jan. 2006. I am currently boatless.

phragle 09-01-2010 03:05 PM

I know nothing, am frequently drunk, but I do own a small slow boat, but do to school and the economy it should probabl be classified as a lawn ornament.....