Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What are some good movies with boating as one of the main topics?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24222-what-some-good-movies-boating-one-main-topics.html)

thunderdan 05-13-2002 11:25 PM

Was that the tv show with Hulk Hogan. I used to watch that show all the time. Maybe I should not be admitting that...:p

Madcow 05-13-2002 11:33 PM

I wouldn't!:D :D

cdaniel525 05-13-2002 11:42 PM

Originally posted by thunderdan
Was that the tv show with Hulk Hogan. I used to watch that show all the time. Maybe I should not be admitting that...:p
Me either:rolleyes: ;)

thunderdan 05-13-2002 11:45 PM

But I would bet you all watch it also.:p :D :D :D Come on now, you are among friends....

Madcow 05-13-2002 11:49 PM

What REALY impresed me was how big the cabin was. That is I think it was. I only saw it once when I was flipping through the channels.

CV-23 05-14-2002 09:08 AM

Flipper was a great TV show! I started with a little flat bottom with an OB like the kid and always wanted a Twin setup like the Ranger had. I never did get a Dolphin to swim with in PA.....That show made me the boater I am today.....Mike.

boomer 05-14-2002 09:17 AM

There was a Jackie Chan movie older one before he became famous. Can't remember the name but he gets in a boat and rides off in it had 3 or maybe even four outboards on it.

mattyboy 05-14-2002 09:20 AM

I've been remise in my duties, and am ashamed I forgot this one
the little rascal episode where waldo and alfalfa have a boat race to win over Darla's heart and Waldo's boat goes over the falls and Alfalfa saves Darla. a classic!

Mattyboy
don't drink the milk! why? it's spoiled!

Iggy 05-14-2002 09:51 AM

CV-23,
That little flat bottom on Flipper was a 13 ft Boston Whaler and the Ranger's, which was his Dad, was a twin engine Thunderbird.

Saw the boat from "Thunder in Paradise" once at a boat show in Orlando. Looked good from a distance. Up close it was a real mess. Stress cracks everywhere and it looked like they used a roller and brush to paint it. Was not impressed.

I shouldn't admit this, but the sail boat in "Captain Ron"?
I'd love to own it. I think it's one beautiful boat.

Mike J 05-14-2002 10:18 AM

I think the Movie your thinking of is called
"Blue Thunder" Produced
by Darrel Zanick.
Director was Paul Michael
Glasser (Starsky&Hutch)
Stunt Coor. Was Terry
Leonard (Raiders of lost
Arc) So the Movie was like a Raiders on the water.
The Boat race filming was
done at Marathon Key in
Florida, 4 "Movie Boats"
Mixed in with Big time
race boats.
There was also another Boat race movie started that could have been a
good one, With Jan-Michael
Vincent, Sam Elliot and
Bridgett Fonda.
Some basic race filming was started in the San
Francisco and Lake Mead
area Where Jan-Michael ran