Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!! >

32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!

Notices

32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Let me add one thing too. I have known Chuck for 10 years, boating together a few times a year and various get together's. For those of you who don't know him, Chuck is one of the nicest and most humble guys you will ever meet. Among a sport of many chest pounding "A"-type personalities, he is that quiet, lead by example guy. I remember the first time we met in 2001, I was running a 22' Donzi and by far had the tightest budget and was the youngest in the poker run. We (with his wife who is an awesome person and leader of team Woo-Hoo) spent the weekend hanging out, partying and having a good old time together. It wasn't until years and many drinks together later that I learned about his storied history.

Ok I will stop now, I don't want his head to get to big!
I agree 1000%. I have known Chuck for about 10+ years and when I learned early on what he did for a living I said to myself "wow! This guy has an amazing job and has had an amazing career!" The next thing I said to myself was "wow! what a humble non-assuming guy!"

All the best to you in retirement Chuck! Do something special with all of your experiences that you have had. Become a part time professor and share them with younger generations!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink The Fruits to the Victor!

Congratulations Chuck on a very impressive work career!

As a small piece of advice, Never, Never Stop Doing what you Love in some form or fashion! Share your skills and knowledge with all interested parties and enjoy the fruits of your years of dedication and labor!
Make your Bucket List Now and see how many items you can finish!!

Best of luck and health in your future!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks again, everyone! I'd love to do something in boating or boat racing, and I've put a few feelers out, but I'm not sure that the boating industry is in any position to add people, or that the boat racing community is in a position to do what is required to position itself for true long-term growth or stability. That being said, I'm open to rea$onable offers....

R'Addiction - Ask me about creative uses of rental cars some day. I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations has expired in most of the states involved.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats Chuck! You are very fortunate! I can't imagine having such a cool career! Enjoy your extra time!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

Congratulations Chuck, what an amazing adventure your life has been, and I am sure the adventure has not stopped, will just go in a different direction.

We met you guys at a Formula Rendezvous years ago, and have run into you randomly on the bay in the years since. You and Diane have always been incredibly kind and wonderful people to hang out with. I realize we are very casual acquaintances but I am very grateful to have met you.

I look forward to hanging out more as hopefully with all this spare time on your hands now you guys will be able to make some more club events this summer.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Who is this "Chuck" fellow you all speak of??

Very sweet Chuck, now you can rock on to the next adventure. Don't forget ole BT when you get into offshore racing, I'm mean on the throttles
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations and enjoy! Did you ever come across Richard Kent in your career?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
congrats chuck... btw you know a guy named danny drinan
Yes, Nick. I knew him when we were both front tire changers, before his midget career. I seem to remember him working on Michael Andretti's car in the Kraco days (mid-80's).

Damdonzi - The name sounds familiar, but I can't place it...
Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered

Congratulations Chuck! I had heard a couple stories from some of the guys but really had no idea of your amazing career at Penske.

I only met Chuck and Dianne this past September (formula raft-up that Chuck organized) but they are truely two of the nicest people. I owe you as we have met so many wonderful people thanks to you. Brandi and I send our best and looking forward so seeing you two out on the boat for years to come.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Congratulations Chuck! I know you have had big plans for retirement for quite some time so I can't wait to see pictures, hear stories, and hopefully share in some of your adventures. Thanks for the tour of your "office" at racing experience and the race shop. You are the man that brought me to OSO and introduced me to so many good people, Thank you.

Your Friend,
SOX
Attached Thumbnails 32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!-pics-256.jpg   32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!-pics-470.jpg   32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!-pics-473.jpg  

32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!-pics-474.jpg   32 year, 3 months and 11 days at Penske Racing - I'M RETIRED!!!-pics-475.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.