Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   URGENT *** PLEASE HELP REMOVE Arbitrary Speed Limits in New Hampshire (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246290-urgent-%2A%2A%2A-please-help-remove-arbitrary-speed-limits-new-hampshire.html)

Sunshadow 01-25-2011 01:56 PM

done

OCDACTIVE 01-25-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by FunHome (Post 3306922)
I got this rude response in with the other reponses....

Hello,

Your group's messages on this bill are jamming my mailbox and interfering with the conduct of my business. Please stop immediately.

I support the bill, but may reconsider that if you all don't stop.

Thank you!

Marie

Law Office of Marie N. Sapienza, Esq.
472 State Route 111, Suite B2
Hampstead, NH 03841
p. 603-329-5200
f. 603-329-6200
[email protected]

We have removed her from the list. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Thank you.

Shah Mat 01-26-2011 04:25 AM

I will support this bill and thank you for writing. Rep. Gladys Johnsen
------Original Message------
To: [email protected]
ReplyTo: Joseph Downes
Subject: Please support SB 27
Sent: Jan 25, 2011 5:40 AM

Hello Representative Johnsen,

My name is Joseph Downes and I am writing on behalf of SB 27 that would enhance and modify the existing boating law on Lake Winnipesaukee making it statewide.

This law has a direct impact on my ability, as a member of the public, to enjoy the lake and NH waterways equally, as mandated by state law.

I ask you to support SB 27 for several reasons:

1) With the economy struggling to turn around we do not want to chase boaters and their disposable income away from NH to more tourist friendly states.
2) The head of the NH Marine Patrol has publically stated that speed was not an issue on Lake Winnipesaukee before arbitrary numerical limits were adopted and continues to be only a minor concern now.
3) The enhancement that SB 27 provides will give the NH Marine Patrol much more flexibility to get the truly dangerous boaters off of our waterways without concern for documenting an arbitrary numerical limit in a way that will stand up in court.
4) The modification to the current law clearly spells out what is taken into consideration in determining a safe speed, as outlined by the US Coast Guard, and is not vague as some would have you believe.
5) New Hampshire has a reputation for embracing and protecting a person's freedoms and liberties, and while regulations are necessary for the safety of all, unnecessary laws such as the current arbitrary numerical limits on Lake Winnipesaukee are an affront to the long held beliefs of the Great State of New Hampshire.

I urge you to support SB 27 when it comes before you.

Thank you,

Joseph Downes

cowisl 01-26-2011 01:19 PM

Done

wananewboat 01-26-2011 03:17 PM

Done.

NHbaja 01-26-2011 03:37 PM

done

boaterh 01-26-2011 07:10 PM

petition

Done.

PPSB 01-26-2011 10:54 PM

Done.

offshoredrillin 01-28-2011 08:15 AM

got this today;

Dear Mr. Freeman,
>
> I'm not sure I would like to open up the lake to unrestricted speed limits. I did break with my party last year and offered a compromise Western Lakes style "Go Fast" zone in The Broads. This area would have been declared without speed limits during day light hours. This was shot down. Maybe this compromise position should be considered by both sides?
>
> Best
>
> Steven Lindsey
> state rep
> Ches-3
> Keene, NH

offshoredrillin 01-28-2011 08:16 AM

and this;

I appreciate your concern regarding SB27.

Please know that I am a co-sponsor of this bill.

Representative Guy Comtois