Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246532-check-out-latest-issue-powerboat-magazine-you-wont-disappointed.html)

pullmytrigger 02-08-2011 03:14 PM

Was a subscriber for 14yrs or something, finally gave it up at the end of 2010....PB is great if you own a corporation and can afford their hi priced boats.....I wrote in numerous times with my views on content....they've done what, one prop test in the last 10 years and that was on a single engine boat???....WHOOPEE DO!....they should do a prop test at least every two years and on twins and singles and do some customs too.....after repeated requests they for some reason will not post max headroom in a cabin.....people do actually go down there you know.....and OMG!!! actually overnight!....seriously they do!!

Teague is good......ever notice by FAR AND AWAY the bulk of Teagues questions come from "average boaters" like a guy with a Crownline with a 350 and someone with a old Scarab with TRS's....not "Gee my 1 mill. MTI....." THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR READERS!!!

I could go on and on and on and will if you want me to and Im just getting warmed up.....the bottom line is I get bored looking at million dollar cats on tilt trailers pulled by a Kenworth.

RVRCAT28 02-08-2011 03:28 PM

Finally got the latest issue today. Looks better than the last few.

thirdchildhood 02-08-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3319104)
Was a subscriber for 14yrs or something, finally gave it up at the end of 2010....PB is great if you own a corporation and can afford their hi priced boats.....I wrote in numerous times with my views on content....they've done what, one prop test in the last 10 years and that was on a single engine boat???....WHOOPEE DO!....they should do a prop test at least every two years and on twins and singles and do some customs too.....after repeated requests they for some reason will not post max headroom in a cabin.....people do actually go down there you know.....and OMG!!! actually overnight!....seriously they do!!

Teague is good......ever notice by FAR AND AWAY the bulk of Teagues questions come from "average boaters" like a guy with a Crownline with a 350 and someone with a old Scarab with TRS's....not "Gee my 1 mill. MTI....." THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR READERS!!!

I could go on and on and on and will if you want me to and Im just getting warmed up.....the bottom line is I get bored looking at million dollar cats on tilt trailers pulled by a Kenworth.

Good points I think. Prop tests, shorty tests, tab tests, etc. Great idea. One of my pet peeves is no pictures of hull bottoms. This is a huge consideration in buying a boat but no one can show up before the boats are dunked and snap some pics of the bottoms?

No project boats to follow either. No money is being spent. Just show up at the launch at Havasu and let Teaque drive the boats and give his impressions.

Please understand that my complaints are intended as positive criticism that maybe Powerboat should listen to. I would hope that they care enough to at least read these threads.

formula 382 sr-1 02-08-2011 07:10 PM

Still Nothing !!!!! :lolhit:

redbud35 02-08-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1 (Post 3319324)
Still Nothing !!!!! :lolhit:

Me either. You'd think someone from Powerboat would read this and get the hint. Shouldn't a subscriber get the issues before the newstand? And why do some get it way before others.

ElimiNordic 02-08-2011 08:36 PM

Got my 2011 Powerboat calendar today but no magazine, yet. Noticed it came from Wisconsin!!
Closer to Georgia I guess.

Shallow Minded 02-08-2011 08:38 PM

Mine showed up today...

thisistank 02-09-2011 09:39 AM

Just to reiderate, the latest pbm shipped less than two weeks ago. Subscribers and stands should be seeing the issue any time.

Two benefits to Subscribers are the fact they don't need to seak out the magazine to buy and you save substantial over the news stand price. Although, I agree it would be awesome to ensure Subscribers get the benefit of recieving copies before newsstands, the simple fact is, it's not possible.

Regarding constructive criticism; PBM indeed does appreciate it and does read it. Remember, the more voices heard on a topic, the more you'll see that topic come to light. PBM gets tons of email with suggestions and I assure you they try to give what the readers want but I can tell you suggestions are usually based off of the majority rule. In other words - keep them coming! Write in and email!

Posts and threads are routinely discussed, however right now we're in lake havasu testing some amazing boats to showcase for you guys with the PBM test team including test drivers Johnny Tomlinson & Bob Teague , writers Matt Trulio & Jason Johnson and of course the great photos from lead photographer Rob Brown.

BL6 02-09-2011 07:32 PM

the bottom line is I get bored looking at million dollar cats on tilt trailers pulled by a Kenworth
my same thoughts

formula 382 sr-1 02-09-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Minded (Post 3319429)
Mine showed up today...

Mine Too!!!!!!!