Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PROBLEM CHILD is alive!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24891-problem-child-alive.html)

Waterfoul 05-21-2002 09:48 PM

Those are EMI manifolds guys.

traviss 05-21-2002 10:17 PM

Cord- LOL! I clamped them off to give the motor more water for now, it took a while to get water through the system.. The water was mostly coming out the dumps, so i clamper them. Gonna put some restricters in them tommorrow, so more water is pushed down the motor.

G-force- It did a solid 60 on GPS with 2 people and 1/2 tank of full with a worn out 270hp mag. I have added 33 Cubic inches and about 120-130 HP.. so i guess we will see this weekend..

Donzimitch... thanks for the water info. We'll see when the fun runs are.. I use dads truck to pull so he gets first dibs LOL!

RON S - Those are EMI exhaust. I ran the riser hoses to the water dumps to get rid of some of the water the exhaust has to push, had to make a bypass from my waterpump to stat housing to be able to do this.

Twinn29- Got the block all fixed up and moved on... Everything is A. OK now :D

Tigger- No smoke on the water for me.. My little 5 mile long lake kicks the **** outta me in this LOL! :eek:

I also added a oil cooler and oil thermostat to.. before it had none of this..

LAter guys!

Scarab3DMC 05-23-2002 08:42 AM

TRAVIS.... "PROBLEM CHILD" IS THE NAME OF MY 34' SCARAB!!!! GOTTA LOVE IT !!! ORIGINALLY HAD IT ON MY 93 MARIAH W/454 MAG ( BOUGHT IT NEW.. WENT BACK TO THE FACTORY 4 YEARS IN A ROW FOR ISSUES!!!) NOW I USE IT BECAUSE OF MY 17 YR OLD WHO WEIGHTS IOO LBS. AND LIKE HER MOM IS A 36dd:eek: :eek: :cool: :D

Milord 05-23-2002 08:49 AM

Way to go Travis. Looking good bro. When do you want to start on my motors? :D

cuda 05-23-2002 09:20 PM

All this time I thought you were working on a Baja. Didn't you have one last year?

Tinkerer 05-23-2002 09:46 PM

TRAVIS--That X dimension looks real low--You should find someone with an ALPHA SS (short shaft) 2 1/2 inches shorter. I bet you would gain about 3-5 MPH.

Playn 05-23-2002 09:53 PM

Nice job Travis, it looks great!:)

Back4More 05-23-2002 11:14 PM

Nice!

traviss 05-24-2002 12:18 AM

Cuda- yes we still have the baja... fixed the drive and carb last week and took it up north. now we are dragging this up in the morning..

Tinker.... that will be my next step because also i noticed it was quite low. First I have to pay off me credit card with all the boat parts on it.... who would have thought I would have put almost $6000 into a boat I payed $8700 for LOL!! If you know anyone with one let me know... thanks

Thanks for the compliments all! :D