Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help! >

Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Notices

Offshore Racing Charities - I need your help!

Old 06-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Smittymarine

Hey, Ron, Looking forward to Seaside. Brick race was fun, meant alot to us to have such an important cause to race for. We can do it again, the more boats, means more help for Doug. If you ever needed a reason to race this is it.

Old 06-07-2002, 09:55 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by BatGirl
I am very interesteted in helping you out with your charties.
Let me know the next time you are travelling to NY, and let's get together. I need as much help as possible. I have an idea that you might just want to jump on. I was introduced to you at the Florida Poker Run Club party at the Miami Boat Show. I was standing with Peter Tassler and Bill Taylor, and you were with David Branch.

I was unexpectedly called away on business this week, but I am back to work right now (on the charity site).

I cleared everything with Billy Frenz and I have a lot of very good news. I have gotten over $1,500 in donations for two separate give-aways at the NYC Poker run. I cannot run a raffel - PERIOD. A donation in any amount is very much appreciated and gets you one ticket for a drawing for a thank you gift. Right now I have a high-impact poker run jacket from SRP (donated by Marine Machine and SRP) and three inflatable fanny packs donated by Seastar Yachts for the Malia Brothers College Fund Trust. I also have a killer leather jacket donated by Marine Machine for the Doug Lewis charity.

We hope to have representatives from both charities present to accept the cash or your just gonna have to trust me. I was given an accounting proceedure to follow in triplicate (fun).

I will be at the Total Dollar table or on the Linssen DS45. Please FIND me if I don't find you.

I will also be photographing the entire event. I will be doing the candids on digital and the actual run on film. Be prepared to have your photograph on the PowerboatingCharities.com web site if you make a donation to either or both charities (or don't let me take your picture!)

In addition to those mentioned above there are many others I would like to thank (especially Brendan a.k.a. "Puder"), and I WILL compile a list. I don't want to forget anyone, and I'm really tired, however I would especially like to thank the NPBA. Without their immediate attention and cooperation, none of this would be possible right now. I am very touched.

I will be at the Sunseeker offices at 914-235-9000 tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. if anyone needs to get in touch with me.

Thank you, best regards, and happy boating,
Jennifer

Old 06-11-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Jennifer,

Just wanted to take a second and commend you on the work you are doing.

Great Idea, keep it up.

Pantera24
Angel Martinez
Miami,Florida
Old 06-12-2002, 03:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

For more information until the Powerboat Charities site is up, you can go to my "Charities" page at; www.sharkeymarine.com I'll see everyone @ the New York Poker Run!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !