Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25098-ot-interesting-reading-regarding-terrorism-9-11-democrats.html)

Chris288 05-29-2002 11:14 AM

Eternally doomed ???, light vs. dark good vs. evil,,,,

confess my sins,,, what a joke,,, Gods grand plan, ??? what was gods grand plan for the children who were sexually assaulted, raped and molested and then covered up by the church...

Now you know why I am a non-believer... no god in their right mind would put people like this in charge...

Rico's Revenge 05-29-2002 11:24 AM

KAAMA...you can't argue with someone who believes in nothing.

Thats why I don't bother anymore...Catman knows that I can use the Bible as well as anyone, I minored in it in college. But my blood pressure can't handle the debate. Catman lives to close too me and I keep the BAT in my car!! LOL!!

The facts are clear to me, but if you choose to ignore them, thats it.

Todd

PS...Bill Clinton was a ***!:D

CigDaze 05-29-2002 11:24 AM

confess my sins,,, what a joke,,, Gods grand plan, ??? what was gods grand plan for the children who were sexually assaulted, raped and molested and then covered up by the church...

Now you know why I am a non-believer... no god in their right mind would put people like this in charge...
...not to mention a little nuissance affectionately referred to as science coupled with a healthy dose of reality...

Of course homo-pedophilia doesn't exactly merit brownie points either:rolleyes:

supercrash 05-29-2002 11:45 AM

Chris...a fellow Atheist...I didn't know..welcome to reality...:)

Rico...how can you believe after reading the bible....?....Do you think killing your son because he is rebelious is a good idea...?....or abusing your woman for that matter...Your God ordered the death of thousands of innocent women and children....if you support that then you support 9-11....You can't just pick out the things that you like about the bible(like the church does)....I know that there isn't a god...The question for the believers is ..There is a god and he commits terrible crimes against man...And he (they) have divided this planet into religious sections that feel the need to fight each other ....And should you believe in a god like this....?....that is the question

Chris288 05-29-2002 11:52 AM

Atheist,,,, AMEN BROTHER !!! LOL

" Quote supercrash " Rico...how can you believe after reading the bible....?....Do you think killing your son because he is
rebelious is a good idea...?....or abusing your woman for that matter...Your God ordered the death of
thousands of innocent women and children....if you support that then you support 9-11....You can't just
pick out the things that you like about the bible(like the church does)....I know that there isn't a
god...The question for the believers is ..There is a god and he commits terrible crimes against man...And
he (they) have divided this planet into religious sections that feel the need to fight each other ....And
should you believe in a god like this....?....that is the question

Very well put,,, Crash

Daze,,, Yah, that little thing known as Evolution, does pose a little problem for them there God faring people... How does a teacher who belives that God created the universe teach any type of science.. ?? :confused::confused:

CigDaze 05-29-2002 11:56 AM

OMG!:eek: :eek:
Did that really just happen?;) :p

Chris288 05-29-2002 12:03 PM

God might have created the universe BUT,,,,

Al Gore invented the INTERNET..... :D :p ;) ;)

supercrash 05-29-2002 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chris...I'm coming out to NY to buy you a drink......forget about the moon thing....Us Atheist's have to stick together...well OK one more..

KAAMA 05-29-2002 12:27 PM

Chris232, In the garden of Eden; satan decieved man and man CHOSE to disobey God and do evil instead....Adam and Eve didn't realize the consquences and the devistation and destruction that their decision would reap----even up until now i.e. thousands of years later. But I know what you are saying and I can understand and sympathise with your frustration. I have questions too and though I may not totally understand something doesn't mean I'm going to let it stop me from trusting in God or let it discount God's judgement. Do we think we're smarter than God? That's what satan's attitude was when he rebeled against God in the Heavens. Satan was created as one of God's highest angels and was known as "Lucifer" which means "Morning Star" or "Light-bearer" and was perhaps the most intellegent being created by God. But Lucifer wanted to exalted himself and sit above the throne of God, he wanted to be like the Most High God---he wanted to be in charge. Lucifer rebeled against God and conned 1/3 of the angelic host to side with him and led them in his rebelion against God. God threw Lucifer (now know as "satan" which means "adversary") and 1/3 of the angels (demons) that sided with him out of heaven. Anyway satan thinks he's smarter than God and many people have taken on the same attitude that they're smarter than God even though they think God should have done things differently. The Bible says that God's ways are NOT our ways----He has a plan and you can't put Him in a box.

Rico, I understand what you're saying " You can't argue with someone who believes in nothing". But there is still hope for them as long as they are alive---it's never too late as long as they're still breathing. My hope is that they would turn.

GRH 05-29-2002 12:41 PM

Faith is not always easy to have.... but if you live long enough to expirience some of lifes many pleasures & pains... You will develop it.... Some of the people in this discussion will live long enough.... others....who cares....