Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT Interesting reading regarding Terrorism ,, 9 / 11,, and the Democrats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25098-ot-interesting-reading-regarding-terrorism-9-11-democrats.html)

Playn 05-30-2002 11:16 PM

:rolleyes:
This Thread...
BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH BLAHBLAH BLAH

KAAMA 05-31-2002 12:24 AM

Here here NW Jim!!!

The Old Testament from Adam to Christ was known as the dispensation of Judgement.

The New Testament from the time that Jesus went to the cross and until now is known as the dispensation of GRACE.

As I have said in previous threads months ago---during Old Testament times (before the birth of Jesus Christ the Savior) SIN was spreading around like a malignant cancer. God did NOT want the SIN to keep spreading around so YES God ordered king David (who slew Goliath) the deaths of men, women and children because he did not want the sin to spread. God practically wiped out the whole human race when He had Noah build the Ark and only 8 people were SAVED from the whole world and practically started over again with these 8 people. He was about to give up on us---but we should be glad He didn't. It is US (the human race) who keeps messing up---NOT God. He came to save us---why can't you guys understand that???It's really not that difficult.

You guys are NOT smarter than God! Let me ask you this: Where were you when God laid the earth's foundation?---were any of you alive when He did this? Or who marked off its demensions? Surely you know---right? Who gave to God that He should pay it back? Have the gates of hell been shown to you? Have you ever seen the gates of the shadow of death? Have you ever comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? C'mon you guys---let's hear it! Where is the way that light dwells?---where did it originate? and where does it end? Do YOU know the mind of the Lord?---Or maybe you can tell us who His counselor was? How about the stars?---did you tell them where to sit? Perhaps you can tell us about the constellations that go beyond your sight! Can you make thunder and command the lightening bolts on their way?---do they report to you, "Here we are"???

YOU and I are like dust compared to the awesome power of God Almighty.

And BTW, yes---I believe in the "BIG BANG" theory; God spoke and "BANG"-------IT HAPPENED!!!

KAAMA 05-31-2002 07:26 AM

Cat,
I know you want proof but right now He wants us to seek Him out by "Faith"----did I not just post it a few posts ago? Believe me, God will reveal Himself in due time---on His time schedule...not any of ours. You can read about it in the book of "Revelations"--all eyes will see God soon enough.

GRH 05-31-2002 09:00 AM

CATMANDO.... meaningless response.... i competed in three sports through college & semi-pro.... my religion was never an issue... my "Faith" was tested daily....

KAAMA - Great retort.... Keep the "Faith"....

SUPERCRASH - Put your hand on the toaster, your foot in the bathtub & FEE THE POWER BROTHER.... Just kidding;)

Chris288 05-31-2002 10:05 AM

OLD TESTAMENT / NEW TESTAMENT ???

What happend, couldn't put up with all the hate, murder, and rape in the old one, so they decided to re-write it ??.

Are you sure god wasn't a democrat,,, just keep changing things until the end results comes out the way you want it ??

supercrash 05-31-2002 10:38 AM

If god is ALL POWERFUL then ....Can he create a rock that he cannot lift....

Kaama...you do believe in the big bang right...?...

-The universe IS expanding

-The background radiation (left over from the big bang) has already been measured

-We CAN see stars being born and planets being formed

The Hubble telescope has already looked back in space and time over 13 billion years into the past , Funny how god made the universe then waited 10 billion years to create earth....then created Dinosaures and let them run around for another 4 billion....before he created Humans....what was he waiting for.....?......maybe there isn't a god....and maybe we are Primates...Kaama...you sound to far gone...but can I suggest reading...I have a open mind..I have read the bible..and I was an atheist when I did so..It is still very interesting to me...Now you on the other hand need to expand your reading...

-BEFORE THE BIG BANG the orgins of the universe
-Ernest J Sternglass

-THE NATURE OF SPACE AND TIME
-Hawking and Penrose

-LIFE the history of the first 4 billion years of life on earth
-Richard Fortey

-AFRICAN EXODUS the orgins of Modern Humanity
-Christopher Stringer Robin Mcgee

you might suprise yourself...The rocks that make up this planet have told a great story...(like the bible)...but this story is true and can be confirmed by science...The skeletons of our ancestors can be put right in front of you..they are real....you can touch and see them....unlike your god...blind faith can't compete with that..

KAAMA 05-31-2002 05:17 PM

SuperC, the author's you listed are all MEN---created beings just like you and I. Those like you put trust in your own selves---basically it sounds like "humanism" is your god. You believe in the intellengence of mankind and that man has the answers to the world plus life and death. This is how God reponds to that way of thinking:

"For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the itelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 1 Corinthians 1:18,19

God's Word also goes on to say:

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the Philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its own wisdom did not know Him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe."

The Bible goes on to say that the way of the cross is a stumbling block to those who don't believe.

You can read it all from 1 Corinthians 1:18 thru 25

Anyway, I'm getting my boat fixed starting today...getting excited...you guys have a good weekend.

RedWarlock 05-31-2002 05:49 PM

KAAMA...

OT, What kind of boat do you have? (Too lazy to search for photo's.:p lol!!!) :D

CigDaze 05-31-2002 05:50 PM

Once upon a time...

To quote mythical legends and fairy tales is not supporting evidence of anything...They are all stories fabricated by man as a means of explaining away the inexplicable unknowns of the ancient times and to provide comfort to those who has difficulty in dealing with life's truths and perplexing problems...It also served as a convenient means by which to brainwash and control the masses into subordination and conformity.

Funny how modern man is still feeble-minded enough to believe in such nonsense. It is truly the shackles on technological and cultural advancement. We would be thousands of years ahead of our time had it not been for religion's interference. Not to mention all the wars and bloodshed we could have spared ourselves...

...The End.

--------------------------------------

"When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be punished; for the slave is his money."
..........Exodus 21:20

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!"
..........Psalms 137:9

"But God will shatter the heads of his enemies..."
..........Psalms 68:21

"Behold the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger...Whoever is found will be thrust through and whoever is caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes, their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished."
..........Isaiah 13:9, 13:15

"I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs, I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rend them."
..........Hosea 13:8

"But if the thing is true, that the tokens of virginity were not found in the young woman, then you shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..."
..........Deuteronomy 22:20

"For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does..."
..........1 Corinthians 7:4

"For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman but woman for man."
..........1 Corinthians, 11:8

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."
..........Timothy 2:11

-----------------------------------

What the Fvck is that ****?....This is just a sampling...

Sounds more like the rantings of a raving lunatic, slave-driving, chauvanistic, murderous bastion of all that is wrong in today's society...

But you have to admit, it sure put the fear in the minds of non-thinkers...For what this collection of fairy tales was intended to do, control the masses, it worked! ;) :cool: :D

KAAMA 05-31-2002 09:40 PM

Baja Dayz,

In the middle of those verses in Isaiah that you gave it tells WHY all that gruesom stuff happens:

"I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless." Isaiah 13:11

It's talking about the destruction of Babylon and Assyrian Empire...they rebeled against God so God struck them down...yes, it was very bloody back in those days.

Again, this in the Old Testement which was of the law, and judgment and God demonstrated His wrath a lot during that period. Probably what you'll need to do is go back and re-read the last 4 or 5 posts that I have posted.

Chris232, Yes, you could say in some respect that God had to do things differently---a new plan. He loves, but wants us to turn towards Him or He will pass judgement and punish sin. So right now God is giving you & I a chance to repent and turn towards Him. His will is that you would.

"The former regulation(laws of the Old Testement) is set aside because it was weak and useless for the law made nothing perfect, and a BETTER HOPE (Jesus Christ) is introduced, by which we draw near to God." Hebrews 7:18,19 (New Testement)

"God our Savior, Who wants ALL MEN to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1 (New Testement)

You guys can say what you will but---God loves you & I so much that He sent His one and only Son (Jesus) that whosoever (anyone) believes (clings to/trusts in) in Him shall have eternal life(be with the Lord Jesus in heaven). For God sent NOT His Son into the world to condemn the world (you & I), but that the world through Him might be saved" John 3:16,17 (New Testement)

It's Your Choice!!!
The Lord's peace to you all---Amen,
Mark