If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Dkahnjob's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Hallett 270T, & Barron Sprint flat bottom, Fountain 35 Lightning "sold"
    West Hills, CA & Lake Havasu
    I spoke with Jerry Barron at Hallett Boats today. He said that they have tried all combinations and that the boat will handle best with the drives exactly parallel or neutral. My drive assemblies seem very tight, no slop, nice tie bar, and Imco hydraulic rams on the transom. But from the Helm to the transom is a cable (probably original from 2000) and although the boat only has 300 hours on it, the cable is getting stiff. So after adjusting the drives I will probably put Imco hydraulic steering from the helm to the transom.

I also asked about prop rotation: ie; in or out. They are currently spinning out. He said that their boats handle better rigged like that, so I guess I will go with the manufactures recomendation on that too. They have built a lot of 270T's.

Thank you all for the information and explanations, it has been a good read.
    Kahn Job
    Fountain 35 Lightning Classic
    West Hills, CA & Lake Havasu, AZ

My Boats:
    04 Advantage 30' Victory
    Upland CA, LHC AZ
    Dkahnjob, I have a near new imco brazille cable system I took off my 30 if you want it - only cost you a beer or two at Mudsharks :-) that should replace the old cable you currently have.

FWIW, I put a true redundant (both motors have PS pumps) full hyd IMCO system on mine and the difference is very noticible..just a bear to get all the air out of 20' lines to the helm...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123