Notices

Toe in or Toe out???

Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke with Jerry Barron at Hallett Boats today. He said that they have tried all combinations and that the boat will handle best with the drives exactly parallel or neutral. My drive assemblies seem very tight, no slop, nice tie bar, and Imco hydraulic rams on the transom. But from the Helm to the transom is a cable (probably original from 2000) and although the boat only has 300 hours on it, the cable is getting stiff. So after adjusting the drives I will probably put Imco hydraulic steering from the helm to the transom.

I also asked about prop rotation: ie; in or out. They are currently spinning out. He said that their boats handle better rigged like that, so I guess I will go with the manufactures recomendation on that too. They have built a lot of 270T's.

Thank you all for the information and explanations, it has been a good read.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dkahnjob, I have a near new imco brazille cable system I took off my 30 if you want it - only cost you a beer or two at Mudsharks :-) that should replace the old cable you currently have.

FWIW, I put a true redundant (both motors have PS pumps) full hyd IMCO system on mine and the difference is very noticible..just a bear to get all the air out of 20' lines to the helm...