Lake Cumberland water level >

Lake Cumberland water level

Notices

Lake Cumberland water level

Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I was thinking about testing props and lowers on Friday. Thought I might launch and wrench at the ramp at the Dam. Do you think it's a waste of time?
Yes. Lake was a mess yesterday. No way I'd see you being able to run all out this weekend. Not to mention the lousy weather forecast.
Here's a quote from the local forum from the tow boat service on the lake posted late last night:
The snapshot lake condition from tonight.... in a word.... treacherous.

It took me 45 minutes to get from my slip in the Jamestown harbor to the end of Low Gap Island. The heavy debris fields spanned from one side of the lake to the other throughout that part of the lake. As I got around the corner, the main lake was clearer with only a few debris fields here and there, but they all contained big stuff. Beaver Creek was not too bad and I was able to run on plane there very carefully, but the rest of the lake I would not advise that.

On my way back, the wind had shifted the big debris fields over towadrd the bank and I was able to pick my way back through pretty well. A lot better than the way out, where I had to keep raising the outboard clearing trees away so I could keep going, and that was being careful to pick the best looking line you could see.

Last edited by ImaPoser; 05-11-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with the gas prices at $4.00 a gallon it may not be all the expensive of a weekend, but I better bring an extra case or two for all the sitting.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

You should just stick to what's in mountain dew 2 liters!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Midwest Donzi Club Event coming up there-
http://mwdonziclub.com/
Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Registered

First timer heading down to Cumberland for Memorial weekend. looking for suggestions on best place to launch a 38. Harmon creek the place to be? any marinas with overnite slips? Restaurants?

Thanks

Scott
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SLAZARZ
First timer heading down to Cumberland for Memorial weekend. looking for suggestions on best place to launch a 38. Harmon creek the place to be? any marinas with overnite slips? Restaurants?

Thanks

Scott
Scott
It depends on which direction you are coming from. I think the easiest and best ramp is Conley bottom. They do post that there is a charge for anything over 30' ($1 per foot). I launch my 38 there all summer long and I will say they didn't charge me more than the $5 normal fee last year. Don't know with the bad economy maybe they lightened up on the fee. The most popoular ramps for the big boats are Jamestown and State Dock. They both have overnight slips available. State Dock has the best night life...but remember the whole place is a "dry county". You will see plenty of alcohol but you just won't be able to buy it there. Yes...Harmon is the place to be. Typically the further west you are on the lake....the cleaner the water. Enjoy
Old 05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info! Jamestown has a dock available, have to get back with state dock, any preference between the two?? sounds like a better party at State dock? any decent restaurants in the area?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info! Jamestown has a dock available, have to get back with state dock, any preference between the two?? sounds like a better party at State dock? any decent restaurants in the area?
If you decide to stay at Jamestown i know they have a water taxi that will take you over to State dock. I just dont know how late it runs. I would call them and ask how late it runs at night.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

State dock is def the better party. Jamestown has the hotel if you need it. The water taxi is a good option but I don't think it runs real late (except Poker Run weekends). Jamestown marina does have it's own restaurant. As far as restaurants by land....the town of Jamestown would be your only real option, and I don't know of any that I could recommend. Usually once we hit the water, we are on it til the end of the weekend.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try lure lodge at the top of the hill at state dock they will pick you up .