Lake Cumberland water level

Notices

Lake Cumberland water level

Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
For an inland lake it just doesnt get any better than Cumberland.
I went to the poker run in 2007 and I was surprised after hearing all the hype about the lake I expected more. No one mentioned it’s a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up at and not much for night life. I’m sure it’s different if it’s your home lake and know tons of people, but I feel the same way about our inland lake - Lake of the Ozarks.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
No one mentioned it’s a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up.
From what I've heard the best way is to rent a houseboat and have it as your "base of operations", come prepared and well stocked with the essentials.

There's nothing worse than finding out after you've got to a place that they don't sell any spirits... Lake Cumberland is one of the places I'd like to go to for the Poker Run sometime...
Old 05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

The part we like is in the summer you can find water conditions for what ever you want to do ski, float, swim, run wide open or you can hide out in one of the many coves and not see no one for hours. The water is clear enough you can see what pitch prop someone is running.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tman
The part we like is in the summer you can find water conditions for what ever you want to do ski, float, swim, run wide open or you can hide out in one of the many coves and not see no one for hours. The water is clear enough you can see what pitch prop someone is running.
Pretty much sums it up! To me, there is nothing better than Cumberland.

Also there are three Poker runs on the lake this year. I hope people have an opportunity to take a trip to Lake Cumberland this year!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
Pretty much sums it up! To me, there is nothing better than Cumberland.

Also there are three Poker runs on the lake this year. I hope people have an opportunity to take a trip to Lake Cumberland this year!
See you in Sept....
Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I was thinking about testing props and lowers on Friday. Thought I might launch and wrench at the ramp at the Dam. Do you think it's a waste of time?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I was thinking about testing props and lowers on Friday. Thought I might launch and wrench at the ramp at the Dam. Do you think it's a waste of time?
Last Saturday it would have been but things can change quickly in a week. From our deck it is looking better every day. If I hear of anyone venturing out I"ll let you know what they say.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
I went to the poker run in 2007 and I was surprised after hearing all the hype about the lake I expected more. No one mentioned it’s a dry county, not much for restaurants/lodging on the water or places to pull the boat up at and not much for night life. I’m sure it’s different if it’s your home lake and know tons of people, but I feel the same way about our inland lake - Lake of the Ozarks.
I've been to both lakes, but Cumberland is my "home" lake. I agree with you on the night life. Really enjoyed the night life and bars/restaurants on Lake of the Ozarks. You guys know how to party. As far as quality of water and endless coves, you really can't beat Cumberland. Next time ur there, try hanging out around State Dock. Closest thing to a Bar on the lake. Take a walk back into the private owner slips where all the houseboats are. The docks really get rockin with tons of friendly people who will welcome you in.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ktm2212
I've been to both lakes, but Cumberland is my "home" lake. I agree with you on the night life. Really enjoyed the night life and bars/restaurants on Lake of the Ozarks. You guys know how to party. As far as quality of water and endless coves, you really can't beat Cumberland. Next time ur there, try hanging out around State Dock. Closest thing to a Bar on the lake. Take a walk back into the private owner slips where all the houseboats are. The docks really get rockin with tons of friendly people who will welcome you in.
+1 I love going there Poker Run weekend and have met some great people. I've been in 2008 and 2009 but couldn't make it last year. Would like to make it again this year, but just doesn't look like it's in the cards.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about heading out there Memorial weekend too, what is the best place to launch and things to watch out for? We have been out to Barren River Lake a couple times this year but with all the flooding most of the ramps are closed right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.