If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

So called repetable engine builders

I feel your pain but I have a better one for you last year I sent my boat to a well known fountain dealer in Tennessee and they did what they said was $60,000 worth of work to my boat. It took them 4 months to install three new drives, CMI headers, standard winter maintance and race hatches. I picked up my boat put it the water at my marina that evening. I woke up with a phone call telling me that my 42 was nose up.
    They replaced the drives but didn't check the bellows, did not glass in the new exhaust holes, when they put the motors back in the they set the engines on the bildge pump hoses so they were kinked. It has cost me over 70k to fix it not including the devaluation of the boat for sinking and it still is having problems. I am in the process of tearing the boat down completely and
    rerigging it myself. The lesson here is no matter how big they are or how much they advertise there are more bad than there is good in this industry.

Your right racerx. I have a freind that bought a brand new boat from a very very large and reputable high performance dealer in Ohio. The boat was not at all preped the first time he had it out the throttle linkages on the motors (ob's) came apart. He had numerous other problems with the boat. I think after he complained enough the dealer finally fixed everything right.

My Boats:
    1996 Stryker 2400
    Sharpsburg GA
    Where's Travis and The BAT when you need it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234