Notices

Business Must Be Good!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Not to make excuses for them, but I suspect that may be some of the reason for the lack of responses. I cannot imagine how many people they must talk to everyday that just want to talk boats, not buy boats. They make a living by selling, not just talking. I typically do as much research on forums like this, and don't even talk to a dealer or even a private owner until I am "ready to pull the trigger", and at that point, I let them know exactly that.

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I suspect that it is pretty close to being accurate.
Really. I have owned 4 boats in 8 years that coupled with perfect credit and cash I think that qualifies me as a buyer.
Reread my post, I was complimenting Brett as to his knowledge, professionalism and honesty. If the boat I had called on been exactly the boat I wanted in EVERY aspect theres a good chance I would be pulling it back to Indiana tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
We appreciate the call and the post. The boat you called on has spent a couple of months of my lift at the house, I know it well and its one that I almost want to keep! Almost!!!

Brett
Performance Boat Brokerage
Nice too talk to you on the phone. Dang your sharp, didn't know if you'd catch the post on here. You are one of the good ones. Hope to be able to do biz in the future

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

I have some great experiences, and some horrific. I personally think its the same in every industry. Remember you very rarely hear the good reviews but always hear the bad.

Performance boat business is just alot smaller thus there are very few players and the bad ones will usually be bad and the good ones will normaly rise above.

I cant imagine the amount of phones call tire kickers these guys get. At least I get to put an eye ball on 40 percent of people that show interest in cars. Not a guy or gal in his undies dreaming. Yeah we get em but not to the volume of the boat guys. Not to mention in my small group of dealerships we average 8 salesmen and three managers to handle the phone calls. Not just an owner and a secretary. In my opinion CALL TO GET INSTANT RESULTS. If you like what you hear instantly fly out.

Personally I just bought a boat from the other side of the country and I have been satisfied.

I will say if i operated like some guys I have dealt with I would be broke. I can say that about most every trade.

Last edited by Carguy08; 08-03-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
Have some stuff up my sleeve may show up with a new to me "led sled" and thats all I am saying and it's not the trowler in Nola.
this weekend????? is it a gar fishing boat???
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I contacted 4 chevy dealers on cars they had for sale this week. 1 contacted me back, and i am going to buy the car this morning. All you hear is crying how business is bad. It the way they do business that is bad.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pez Man
I contacted 4 chevy dealers on cars they had for sale this week. 1 contacted me back, and i am going to buy the car this morning. All you hear is crying how business is bad. It the way they do business that is bad.
customer service & courtesy is out the door it seems in MOST cases, not all!! very sad given our country's condition!! If I treated my patients like that I would not have a practice!!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

Because you offer them GAS! Nothing better for customers!
Ok maybe the little Blue pills too
Old 08-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Service is still KING!

Those providing it are thriving in any economy.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Really. I have owned 4 boats in 8 years that coupled with perfect credit and cash I think that qualifies me as a buyer.
Reread my post, I was complimenting Brett as to his knowledge, professionalism and honesty. If the boat I had called on been exactly the boat I wanted in EVERY aspect theres a good chance I would be pulling it back to Indiana tomorrow.
MM I don't think 36Tango was saying people like you were the problem. In fact I think he was saying you were doing the right thing by not wasting his time and calling back when you're ready..

I think he was saying these days salesman are dealing with a ton of "tire kickers" that have no intention and/or ability to buy a boat.

At least that's the way I read it.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
MM I don't think 36Tango was saying people like you were the problem. In fact I think he was saying you were doing the right thing by not wasting his time and calling back when you're ready..

I think he was saying these days salesman are dealing with a ton of "tire kickers" that have no intention and/or ability to buy a boat.

At least that's the way I read it.

That is exactly what I meant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.