Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Fun Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/261204-loto-fun-run.html)

omerta one 08-30-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Peterbilt (Post 3491608)
Thanks. We were shooting for a good number and had a couple of miscues on Sunday but the last run proved to be a good one.

As much fun as running the 152 mph at the shootout was winning the fun run on Friday. The start was a little haphazard but we had some killer races with a number of MTI's throughout the course.

Unfortunately, the Skater photo shoot and the fun run were scheduled too close together. We decided to represent the Skater boys at the fun run instead of being in the photo. No one would have gotten too excited about a white boat amongst all those killer paint jobs anyway. We're happy we brought the fun run win home to the Skater nation this year.

Sorry but I had to chuckle after you got DQ'd for the second time...remember I told you to shut it down after the traps! (guy in the Cig Gladiator) I'm glad you got another chance and posted a good number; hope to see you back at LOTO again soon!

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3492372)
Sorry but I had to chuckle after you got DQ'd for the second time...remember I told you to shut it down after the traps! (guy in the Cig Gladiator) I'm glad you got another chance and posted a good number; hope to see you back at LOTO again soon!

I was so disappointed that Garth was DQ'd the second time, that I actually jumped off the couch and was all pissed at the course officals for doing it... haha.. I felt bad for Garth, bcuz the boat was running so perfectly... Then you could see on Garth's last run, 152mph, he was turning the boat left/right at the end of the course trying to slow it down, I was laughing, even Teague laughed about it... LOL, good job Garth:drink:

omerta one 08-30-2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3492379)
I was so disappointed that Garth was DQ'd the second time, that I actually jumped off the couch and was all pissed at the course officals for doing it... haha.. I felt bad for Garth, bcuz the boat was running so perfectly... Then you could see on Garth's last run, 152mph, he was turning the boat left/right at the end of the course trying to slow it down, I was laughing, even Teague laughed about it... LOL, good job Garth:drink:

Ha that's great; we were all floating in the staging area waiting to run and they were beefing about being DQ'd for running straight thru the bouys at the end of the run out zone...so I told'em to just shut it down once they hit the traps and next thing I see is them turning (after the traps) and running off the course throwing a thirty foot rooster...and I was at the other end of the course. Had to laugh and glad it worked out for them.

PokerRun388 08-30-2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3492392)
Ha that's great; we were all floating in the staging area waiting to run and they were beefing about being DQ'd for running straight thru the bouys at the end of the run out zone...so I told'em to just shut it down once they hit the traps and next thing I see is them turning (after the traps) and running off the course throwing a thirty foot rooster...and I was at the other end of the course. Had to laugh and glad it worked out for them.

Oh man, too funny, Im cracking up right now.. Garth's gonna laugh when he reads this... GOOD TIMES AT LOTO..!! LOL:drink:
I can't remember which run it was, but Garth went so far past the course, I just figured he was going to hangout down by the bridge... LOL

CoolSpot 08-31-2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3492398)
Oh man, too funny, Im cracking up right now.. Garth's gonna laugh when he reads this... GOOD TIMES AT LOTO..!! LOL:drink:
I can't remember which run it was, but Garth went so far past the course, I just figured he was going to hangout down by the bridge... LOL

That was Skater Jim riding shotgun with me in the shootout. On the ride home, we formed an engineering subcommittee, took out our slide rules, and worked on a solution for deceleration. We decided to retrofit the boat with Fred Flinstone style brake pedals in the floor boards over the winter. Should do the trick.

Hey PR388, you seem to know a lot about camera coverage, video's, etc of the shootout. How/where do I get a copy of the weekends runs?

PokerRun388 08-31-2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Peterbilt (Post 3492669)
That was Skater Jim riding shotgun with me in the shootout. On the ride home, we formed an engineering subcommittee, took out our slide rules, and worked on a solution for deceleration. We decided to retrofit the boat with Fred Flinstone style brake pedals in the floor boards over the winter. Should do the trick.

Hey PR388, you seem to know a lot about camera coverage, video's, etc of the shootout. How/where do I get a copy of the weekends runs?

Hey Garth, I was watching the runs live on Stickam.com , Not sure if they have anyway to get any footage for you, but I just was watching the site , listening to Bob Teague and watching all the runs most of the weekend...

OzarkKing 08-31-2011 09:49 PM

Dennis at KRMS said to email him for the DVDs of the coverage at [email protected] . He said entire set of weekend coverage is $120.00. Next year he spoke of increased coverage/camera angles.

CoolSpot 09-01-2011 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by OzarkKing (Post 3493494)
Dennis at KRMS said to email him for the DVDs of the coverage at [email protected] . He said entire set of weekend coverage is $120.00. Next year he spoke of increased coverage/camera angles.

Thanks, sounds like what I'm looking for.