Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/2665-formula-fountain.html)

Katdrvr 06-28-2001 09:25 AM

It's a tough choice but you can't go wrong either way. Personally, I agree with Otto and would get the Sutphen.

mike

Rico's Revenge 06-28-2001 09:44 AM

Remember...friends don't let friends buy Fountains :D :D

Brad 06-28-2001 10:23 AM

I personally agree with Vonbongo. I choose the Playboy and love it. Check it out at GCOffshore The Formula's seem to handle rough water well in the F2 races. Which is proced lower?

BAJA WILL 06-28-2001 10:27 AM

Both are great boats, I have a 2001 27, my cousin has a 1999 25 Formula, I have spent plenty of time on each. It really depends on what you want. With Fountain you get speed :D every boat is blue printed and usually tested by Reggie himself for a few hours dialing it in, different props and such. As for hull size the beak is only about 12" and both have a swim platform. Plus I love how Fountains sticks out in the middle of the water.

Both are great, but if you want to be the center of attention, (like I do) Buy Fountain. :D Plus girls always loose their tops on a Fountain, :eek: or maybe thats just my boat ;)

Shorty 06-28-2001 10:46 AM

Hey Brad, sweet ride. Does that cig have the new twin steps? What's the top end?

Dredgeking 06-28-2001 11:02 AM

Since I'm now a Fountain owner, I say go for the Fountain. I dig speed. If you're a "cabin boy" :p , then buy the Formula.

blown formula 06-28-2001 11:09 AM

Both are nice...BUT !!
I believe the Formula does hold resale better, at least "inland" it does. I am constantly getting offers to buy my boat
(Formula 252SS-Procharged), but my friends Fountain gets no offers??? In the Fountain, there is hardly any storage space (only under the rear seat and coupled with the small cabin, you have a problem when taking several people out for the day, with "where do we put all this stuff!!". Not so, with a Formula ! Besides, I have plenty of speed (75mph gps) and the ride of a Formula.

Bottom line...ride it, drive it, buy what fits YOUR LIFE STYLE & how you will use it. Remember, you can only run WOT a little while! The rest is just 'Cruisin' !! :cool:

Brad 06-28-2001 12:13 PM

Mach1Shorty ,
The boat is a twin step. With a good chop, labbbed prop's it will do about 83 on my lake. The boat is really impressive on rough water capability. Everyone feels safe and it fly's straight.

Neverfastenuf 06-28-2001 01:04 PM

Are you confused :confused: :confused: yet???? I don't know anything about either boat first hand, just what I've read and heard. Maybe talk to Sean at Dick Simon Marine. He has lots of seat time in both I'm sure. Good luck.

WES311SR1 06-28-2001 08:36 PM

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE REPLYS. IT IS A HARD CHOICE.........