Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
was on the Chesapeake Bay on Monday >

was on the Chesapeake Bay on Monday

Notices

was on the Chesapeake Bay on Monday

Old 06-19-2002, 01:00 AM
kevin225BR

Default was on the Chesapeake Bay on Monday

Monday Me and a few freinds went on the chesapeake for a little cruise down the C&D eat lunch at Chesapeake city. Man there was alot of junk floating, BIG LOGS, sticks and many other items. My question is, is it like this all the time? But atleast there were NO crab pots!! Seem like I allways get in the middle of them things, so I just idle out of them till i'm in the channel. Went to Tome's Landing to settle a few things and make arrangements for some work. In there lot sat a very nice yellow and white Sonic looked like a 35ss Twin engines sitting on a triple axel trailer. looked like it was there to get some work done (sitting in front of the shop). Going back down Sunday it is nice. Lunching at Tome's.

Old 06-19-2002, 06:41 AM
Miami

Kevin - not always stuff floating. there are times at which heavy periods of rain or flash downpours wash land debris into the bay. I assume that is what you encountered. Normally the bay is a great place to boat.

Crabbs are great eating but not a good thing to catch with outdrives!

Old 06-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

They had opened up the conawingo? dam last week and alot of crap came from there.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:29 AM
kevin225BR

Thanks, this was only my second time on the bay. I would like to go one the bay alot more but don't know the bay at all and would not like to run aground or get hung up in the crap pots. I more less boat at Raystown and Blue Marsh but they get boring.

Old 06-20-2002, 12:19 PM
AC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I boated at Blue Marsh/Raystown - there is no comparison to the Chesapeake. I never went back - so much to see/go on the bay.

AC
Old 06-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kevin225br, hopefully you get to explore more. i guess you have a sonic with your avatar being one. you could make a fun weekend of it in the nice big cabin of a sonic. AC is right, so much to see, there is hundreds of places to visit and go to(and thats only north of the bay bridge).

contact me with any questions. also i have last years issue of "Guide to Cruising the Chesapeake" that i could send to you or you could pick up this years like i did. Boater's world/West should have them in stock.

Mark
[email protected]
Old 06-20-2002, 01:33 PM
kevin225BR

LOL, I wish I had a Sonic, I have a Crownline 225. I could not find a differnt Advarter to use for my posting so since I like Sonics I used that as my Advarter. I hope to get alittle more time on the Bay the only trouble is my wife doesn't like the big rollors you can get from some of the barges and yachts.