Notices

Stupid People With Boats

Old 06-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Stupid People With Boats

Yesterday being father's day and all I decided to take my dad out on the boat. Since the original weather forecast called for rain and the day actually turned out to be really nice I figured I'd take advantage of it. My boat did not see water. As we approach the ramp in the marina to drop the boat in we're told the ramp is closed. Some IDIOT sunk his truck while putting his boat in. The whole truck was under water. Had I had a camera at the time i would post some pics but i forgot it again. Just so everyone knows there is nothing more amusing than watching stupid people put their boats in at public ramps. If anyone on this board uses a public ramp and happens to see these stupid people please smack them. this moron ruined my day and more importantly my father's. i think all of us responsible boaters who know what we're doing should come together and raise money to buy the boats of stupid people . that way the water will be a safer place and i won't have to wait to put my boat in because some idiot sunk his truck, or can't drive onto a trailer, etc.

Russ
Old 06-17-2002, 06:43 PM
MIdnightRider

In/Out Service! Worth every penny!

Old 06-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Some of the best entertainment around....better than some comedy clubs
Old 06-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I get a kick out of watching people launch there boat at the Newburg ramp while relaxing at Gullies with a cold one. Its sometimes better than the comedy club. I should keep a video camera with me.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:39 PM
Charter/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I put my boat in every weekend at a private ramp, NJ has no public ramps (they have no money), and it is absolutely amazing to watch weekend warriors try and put their boats in the water and take them out again. I sometimes go down to the ramp and bring a couple of Coors Light and sit and watch the show. It would make Worlds Funniest Videos every weekend. Of course when a few "ladies" are trying to back their new PWC's down the ramp pushed by a brand new Esclade, get all screwed up, of course I offer to put their "boats" in the water for them. I am a Gentleman!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Watching people docking rental boats can be equally amusing

Last year, we saw one guy bring a rental in perpendicular to the dock and instead of slowing down, gassed it by mistake. There were 2 kids on the dock waiting to help. One went for an unexpected swim. Fortunately all were OK. Don't know about the rented Bayliner though, probably totaled it!

LMAO!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Registered

If anyone is familiar with the S.E.15th st ramp in Ft Lauderdale, on any weekend it's the best comedy club.....just watching these drunken fishbillies try to back the trailer down the ramp, then, when the truck is in the water up to its doors, they attempt to get their 15 ft boat onto it and wonder why it doesn't center itself on the bunks .the best part is when they try to dump several cases of empty beer cans into one of only 2 little trash cans! And the police station is right there!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:40 AM
Charter Member #590
Charter Member

There is a launch ramp on Lake Havasu that the locals go to on weekends just to sit and watch the idiots launch/retrieve their boats. They then hold up their score cards, much like the old Olympic gymnastic judges.

It always amazes me when I see 6-8 fools trying to put their 16-foot runabout on the trailer, and they can't for the life of them get it right. It really peeves them when I back in by myself and put my boat on the trailer alone, and am gone in 60 seconds. They just sit there, mouths open, all three of their teeth pointing in different directions, wondering how the heck I just did that. Some people just shouldn't own boats!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 07:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

You ever notice that the smaller the boat, and the more people that are "helping", the longer it takes to launch or retrieve?
Old 06-18-2002, 07:13 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

It can be funnier than hell! But, at the same time, it can be very annoying if you are like RCM255, waiting to use the ramp! That was a one of the reason we moved on to the H2O a couple of years ago, I only need to use a ramp usually twice a year for my yearly maintnance!
Laveyman,
That scorecard thing @ "Haveafew" must be hilarious!!
MD

Quick Reply: Stupid People With Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.