Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

//

Last edited by keith2500hd; 01-17-2012 at 10:54 PM. Reason: repost
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Registered

the law that is being discussed is not to protect particpants, it is for protection of non-participants. the sanctioning bodies cannot limit safety equipment. they set a minimum. with the various accidents that have occured on boat racing, it is up to the crew in the boat to inform themselves what their options are for gear. if your going to wear harness you should have a safety cutter in bracket within reach of crewseat, military aircraft normally have these so should be easy to find. other enclosed racing boats have self contained breathing devices and storage device( can be 10lb bottle w/mask to small SCEEDs. from the news report, they had time to talk. they could have worked together to take strain off harness and release it. your supposed to know how to use your safety equipment. thats the reason the military uses dunker tanks, for users to realize equipment does not work 100% of the time. the problem in boat was more then likely that he was freaking out and fighting off assistance. i learned the hardway, getting caught in undertow 3x, lucky enough to realize to keep my head and work thru it. enough
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
what if one boat flipped then another boat flipped at the same time at another spot on the course??

It's happened, everyone survived. Both had divers and one got a jumper. Proper planning and enough assets, simple concept really.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
It's happened, everyone survived. Both had divers and one got a jumper. Proper planning and enough assets, simple concept really.
I could see multiple accidents happening and it taking more than 2 min to get to a boat, as far as I know boat racing uses a local yellow system so if there is one accident and the divers are in the water there is still live racing on other parts of the course.....as posted earlier you should be able to have lunch with your air on....
Old 01-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Registered

for what ever reason joey could not get free from his harness and the seat once he pulled the lever to release his belts he disconnected his big boat tank and started to breath off the little 2 minute bottle. Apparently the rescue crew didn't get there until 7-10 minutes later and by that time the 2 minute bottle had expired. The leg bottle actually has a pouch in the front of it where a knife is supposed to be inserted for cutting away your belts. SBI and there safety coordinator david dipetrillo are attempting to place blame on efveryone else. They are trying to drag everyone in this lawsuit. OSS has a written safety rule that rescue crews have to be no more thatn 30 seconds away from any accident on the race course. The boat held up, the air system worked, the rescue crew didn't do its job and SBI is trying to pass the buck.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Time

If the family's lawyer is going after sponsors what's to stop them from going after everyone. What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
I agree:

It still amazes me how quickly people are to point blame at others that have ZERO to do with the cause or result of an accident like this, like the sponsors.

I do feel sorry for the family involved that lost their loved one, but I hope they lose this legal fight to set a precedent for possible accidents in the future.

This is BULL****
Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Where is Mike A in all of this? I am sure he is watching! Come on Mike, post in public (not pm's to individuals) Tell us you are in this suit pro bono and that every dollar settled for is going into making the sport safer. Then prove updates on where the settlement money has gone. Make me out to be wrong about the suspected motivation (I would love to be wrong about this)

For those that might say Mike A has better things to do than follow this on OSO, you are wrong! He has sent private messages responding to this to others. He is watching. So Mike come on and explain how a financial lawsuit will help the sport. Please educate me so I can be convinced my thoughts on this are wrong. I do not mind admitting I am wrong if I can be proven to be that

Come on Mike educate me as to why sponsors insurance companies are being pursued, and tell me how that will help the sport. I am a low educated individual, so some times things need to be spelled out for me. I am not afraid to post my information here, Can you do the same ??
I think i hear crickets
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Mike Alweiss did not start this thread. Why would he discuss pending litigation, and the discovery process with a non-party to the litigation? Most attorney(s), including myself, would not do that. If you have a question for him, send him an e-mail, or call him directly. He may not discuss the case, but if you want or need answers go get them from the source in a one-to-one setting. Hope that solves your question.

PS - I do not know Mike Alweiss, nor have I have ever spoken with him ever.

Stephen
Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All 3 men who perished in KW died from Drowning.

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...d-tillman.html
Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
I think i hear crickets
He has nothing to say to you. He's a professional, and an attorney. Why in the hell would he address any of this publicly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.