Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors >

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is Mike A in all of this? I am sure he is watching! Come on Mike, post in public (not pm's to individuals) Tell us you are in this suit pro bono and that every dollar settled for is going into making the sport safer. Then prove updates on where the settlement money has gone. Make me out to be wrong about the suspected motivation (I would love to be wrong about this)

For those that might say Mike A has better things to do than follow this on OSO, you are wrong! He has sent private messages responding to this to others. He is watching. So Mike come on and explain how a financial lawsuit will help the sport. Please educate me so I can be convinced my thoughts on this are wrong. I do not mind admitting I am wrong if I can be proven to be that

Come on Mike educate me as to why sponsors insurance companies are being pursued, and tell me how that will help the sport. I am a low educated individual, so some times things need to be spelled out for me. I am not afraid to post my information here, Can you do the same ??
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Registered

This is a forum for discussion. I am not afraid to discuss, but I hate to be one sided in a debate, it is only good if two parties with information on both sides of the fence provide it for consideration

I have stated my side I respectfully request the other side
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
This is a forum for discussion. I am not afraid to discuss, but I hate to be one sided in a debate, it is only good if two parties with information on both sides of the fence provide it for consideration

I have stated my side I respectfully request the other side
Hold your breath, it will be here any minute.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

From what i hear, the air system on board worked, joey had a dual stage air system. While he was harnessed in the boat he was breathing off a large tank in the boat. Once he released his harness it disconnects the boat tank and he immediately starts breathing off his leg bottle. From what i heard joey disconnected his boat tank and the leg bottle only supplies a couple of minutes of air to get out of the boat. The rescue crew took 7-10 minutes to get to joey and by the time they got there his leg bottle had run out. it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by apollo22
From what i hear, the air system on board worked, joey had a dual stage air system. While he was harnessed in the boat he was breathing off a large tank in the boat. Once he released his harness it disconnects the boat tank and he immediately starts breathing off his leg bottle. From what i heard joey disconnected his boat tank and the leg bottle only supplies a couple of minutes of air to get out of the boat. The rescue crew took 7-10 minutes to get to joey and by the time they got there his leg bottle had run out. it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
Where do you hear all that?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Did your sources elaborate on what kept him from getting out of the boat if in fact he was able to release his harness as they say he did?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he was out of his harness what is all of this talk about the rescue team not having a knife handy to cut Joey from his harness? Sounds like a lot of rumors and speculation.... I would have to imagine that if he was out of his harness, he would have gotten out of the boat (Steve did).

If the family's lawyer is going after sponsors what's to stop them from going after everyone. What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will stop when the last dollar is sucked out...
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
If he was out of his harness what is all of this talk about the rescue team not having a knife handy to cut Joey from his harness? Sounds like a lot of rumors and speculation.... I would have to imagine that if he was out of his harness, he would have gotten out of the boat (Steve did).

If the family's lawyer is going after sponsors what's to stop them from going after everyone. What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
Do not think that will not happen My guess it IS happening but i do not know that for sure
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
what if two or even three boats tangled and flipped in a corner.....what if one boat flipped then another boat flipped at the same time at another spot on the course??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.