Notices

tri-color Nav light

Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would put a pole light on the eng. Plugin type. An add suction mod for the bow. You can make a bracket for the socket for the stern light. mount it on the bellhousing. wired an just plug an play.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

don't put lights on it, it won't look right, you are obviously an experienced boater just don't get caught out after dark with out a working battery powered light and if you do it won't be the first time someone ran at night with no lights and survived.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Add an cigarette lighter scocket in the dash for your bow light or hide under dash. plug an play
Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

3m dobble stick tape for the bow light in a ziplock bag will hold well an take it off when you hit the trailer ??? Might work well? An a cigarette plug.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Add an cigarette lighter scocket in the dash for your bow light or hide under dash. plug an play
That why I was thinking of using something like this,

with the plug in mount installed behind the seat or something. That way the plug and light will always be there ready to go but will be always out of site unless used.

The one in the picture is a bi color on a pole and is for power boats but the only one I can find that is a tri color is for sailboats so the main thing is it legal for powered boats? Don't need to get in a fight with a DNR agent if there is a chance I was wrong.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

Not legal. Put a stern light socket on the eng an get a bow light that screws to the bow don't use the screws an have 3m tape on it with one side still covered an a roll in a ziplock bag. So if its old you still have more in the boat. Go with the cigarette plug for the bow light. Wire the stern light to the battery with a fuse. No draw unless you plug the pole light in. Put the bow light in a ziplock wired an ready to go.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

You want a low profile lite so your not dealing with much wind. On the bow
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Im just trying to think plug an play. I'm sure if you need it, it want be for long.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Is there anything on the bow to secure something to or in? Could you could mount a regular light to a plate of ABS with padding on the bottom and secure that to some other deck hardware with a pair of bungees? The suction cup idea could work on the bottom of the plate too.

The hidden lighter socket and long cord seems like a good way to hide the power source.

If you could find a way to hide the socket for that plug in light under another piece of removable hardware or in a vent grill up front, that would be slick too.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

There is nothing on the bow but fiberglass so there is no hiding anything.
Thanks for the ideas. when I pull the cover off in a couple weeks for the restore I will have to see if I can make some of them work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.