Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help removing mildew/ mold of vinyle >

Help removing mildew/ mold of vinyle

Notices

Help removing mildew/ mold of vinyle

Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seems like im going to go with spray9 and magic eraser....dumb question but spray9 wont lift or bubble the vinyl would it ?

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 03-22-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finished a Rinker open bow today, it was really really bad. I used a product called pink power and a scrub brush. cleaned it right up.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roll -Off with a soft brush for stubborn spots, then go over with a good protectant like 303.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing that I have used is Soft Scrub just don't get it on anything that is colored like carpet or other vinyl but the bleach will kill the mold and it won't come back as easy. I buy magic erasers by the box and use them on everything. They will take out stains in fiberglass as well just don't get too aggressive.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=joseph piodos;3945460]Mold is often an invisible threat to you and your home. When mold spores are present in a humid or moist environment, they can spread quickly; making your home structurally vulnerable and you exposed to potential health problems.

It causes far more than just cosmetic damage to your home. The airborne spores can enter our lungs and cause problems including coughing, inflamed glands, sneezing, asthma attacks and, in some extreme cases, even permanent lung damage. Unfortunately, keeping your home clean is not always enough. Although mold is encouraged by dust and warm, damp conditions, it can infiltrate even the most spotless home. Once it begins to grow, its spores become airborne and might harm the human body. This means that it can enter our lungs and take possession of other parts of our homes. It is surprising how even the smallest growth of mold can give rise to a major problem. You must have what they call mold testing.

Mold Testing Services

Thank You Sir Spam-a-lot. Now GO AWAY!!!

I am so tired of SPAM on both forums and in my email. I am going to go to this guys website, copy his email address, then sign him up for every possible newsletter, advertisement, etc.

Last edited by low_psi; 06-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

We use Yacht fresh to stop the mold works geat
Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Registered

westleys white wall cleaner with bleach,,hose it on scrub it off and rince with water real good..