If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

morning after 1st day w/new cat

All I can say is wow... Only had one hang up and that could have been catastrofic but it wasn't so things went well(oh the problem was the throttle linkages came loose). The 1st ride me and my girl took was on lake ontario in 3-4 rollers and chop not good for 1st ride she hatted it and wanted the 300 es baja back and that was on the test drive but after convincing her that where we boat is usually not that rough we got it it's a 1994 2600. any ways back to the 1st day we had a great time eased into the throttle and it was flat calm 5 people in the boat and 3 coolers and the speedo still hit 97mph at 5400. The boat handled unbelieveable after hanging out all day went for a ride with just the guys and again with 5 people in it we saw speeds in the high 90's on the speedo. The boat handles great and seems to make the learning curve much easier for a 1st cat. well gotta get out to the lake.

Thank you to all that responded I know now i made the right choice.

Fastcats i wrote down your # and will definitely be calling you have to order a few odds and ends

My Boats:
    1973 Donzi X-18 Jet / Malibu Wakesetter / 1974 Sanger Super Jet/ 1970 Donzi St. Tropez
    cincinnati, ohio,
    Congrats on the new 2600! They really do handle very easy! I'm sure you will have many good times in that beast! I know I have in mine!

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    Congrats ! Welcome to the family !

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    Congrats. Just please be careful. I have read way too many horor stories lately. Take it slow and be patient. There is a learning curve you need to follow. This is unless of course you are experienced and if so please disregard the previous.

Platinum Member Platinum Member timewarp's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2002 Spectre 30,300X's
    I agree with DonziMitch,
    As I read this thread I was thinking that it sounds like your first cat,
    If you have experience in cats then I am way off base but running 97 with 5 people in the boat on your second time out doesn't seem like being careful to me.
    Not trying to bust your B*lls, please don't take it that way, just please get some seat time in the boat before pushing it.

I am saying this because we have had to many threads on Monday morning this year about major casualties and I don't want to read about you being hurt.

Off my soapbox,
    Congratulations on the new boat, sounds like it's a good one.

Safe Boating,

Thanks for all the concern guys and i do agree but the conditions were perfect and took my time giving the trottle only one click at a time. Can't wait til tuesday because a friend of mine who has driven all types of cats and used to race is going to teach me the ins and outs of driving a cat.

Syracuse, New York