Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
1st Day Out >

1st Day Out

Notices

1st Day Out

Old 04-02-2006, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Day Out

Decided to start the season a little early this year.
Attached Thumbnails 1st Day Out-checkmate.bmp   1st Day Out-wot.bmp   1st Day Out-air-chair.bmp  

Old 04-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Registered

Default Re: 1st Day Out

Your a lucky guy it was in the low 40's here yesterday. That is a nice looking Check! I plan on splashing my new ride in a couple weeks. I need to install the steering that I bought from Kelly O on the board. I also have a GPS speedo, new drive shower and a oil temp guage that I bought form Trick Marine to install.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:20 PM

Even tied up.
Attached Thumbnails 1st Day Out-tie-um-up.bmp  
Old 04-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Good to see the season starting for some. It has been warm here, 60 and 70's. Today, I dragged the boat out of the garage and got it fired up. Everything went smooth. Nothing like the sound of open dry pipes on a Sunday morning. Especially when I "accidently" forgot to put on my GGB extremes . I pissed off a few neighbors and my wife.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
Good to see the season starting for some. It has been warm here, 60 and 70's. Today, I dragged the boat out of the garage and got it fired up. Everything went smooth. Nothing like the sound of open dry pipes on a Sunday morning. Especially when I "accidently" forgot to put on my GGB extremes . I pissed off a few neighbors and my wife.
Checkmate,

How do you like those mufflers?I am trying to decide on whether to install my silent choice when I install my engines or just run ggb's.I have 502 mags 600hp and revolutions marine wet manifolds.I want it to sound good at idle but not to loud and non restrictive on top.What do you think?

Thanks Nordic95
Old 04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Nordic95,

I had good luck with the GGB's. I have a 540, 680hp. I run dry CMi's. I have run the boat with and without the GGB's. I noticed no power loss at all. It still sounds loud, but without that ear piercing crack. Before I had them on, I was getting pulled over by the coastguard for noise. Also, you couldnt talk at all to the person in the seat next to you unless you screamed, even at idle. Now, you can talk without yelling.
A friend of mine on this board has them as well. He is running BIG power, in the 1400 hp range. He also uses GGB extremes with no issues.
I say go for them , you wont be dissapointed.

I found this video I had. I was just fooling around with a new camera, but it will give you an idea of how it sounds with the GGB's on at idle.

http://media.putfile.com/boat-at-idle

Last edited by Vinny P; 04-02-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:33 PM

Nordic95,

I had good luck with the GGB's. I have a 540, 680hp. I run dry CMi's. I have run the boat with and without the GGB's. I noticed no power loss at all. It still sounds loud, but without that ear piercing crack. Before I had them on, I was getting pulled over by the coastguard for noise. Also, you couldnt talk at all to the person in the seat next to you unless you screamed, even at idle. Now, you can talk without yelling.
A friend of mine on this board has them as well. He is running BIG power, in the 1400 hp range. He also uses GGB extremes with no issues.
I say go for them , you wont be dissapointed.

I found this video I had. I was just fooling around with a new camera, but it will give you an idea of how it sounds with the GGB's on at idle.

http://media.putfile.com/boat-at-idle
Vinny,
I am having a hard time opening the video, any tricks.
Rob
Old 04-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

rob,

I am certainly not a computer expert, but all I do from here is click the link and it plays. Sorry, dont have any answers for you

Vinny
Old 04-04-2006, 04:15 PM

rob,

I am certainly not a computer expert, but all I do from here is click the link and it plays. Sorry, dont have any answers for you

Vinny
That sounds a little different than the 454MAG.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Rob,

I should hope so..

Quick Reply: 1st Day Out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.