Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s >

Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Notices

Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
I was not refuring only to yours. Im sure its as fast as you say. Thank you for the invite!
Your welcome brother, you have a standing invitation. We will have everything like it needs to be very soon.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
Wait Eddies cajun ? Now thats a good Man. Artie
Born and raised. Moved to TN about 6 years ago from New Orleans. We came up after losing absolutely everything in Katrina.
Eddie
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
VERY Well Said! I am not personally a customer of YPM but know many of his customers and have ran rub rail to rub rail with the boats you have listed above and the one thing they do is MAKE POWER! Now not all of them (not referring to Big E's Hustler for sure) ran so great and chine walked like a mofo but it was FAST without a doubt! Kudos to anyone in any market that has repeat business and I can think of two in Nashville that have a very loyal following and I say nothing but congratulations to them both as we are lucky to have both YPM and EB here to choose from! All the rest are just "keyboard cowboys" trying to make a few waves so enjoy your boats gentlemen because we sure do...
Thank you brother. Eric @ EB is a great guy. We help each other out any chance we get. See ya soon.
Eddie
Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TRL505
Thanks man. We are gonna try to make it to the Shootout and then maybe to the Cumberland run in the early fall. You gonna be at either event?
I'm heading to Nashville.. great run and good times with home town guys!

Destin.. Cause it's the coolest run all year

and I am planning on running LC but I have an 0-1 record for getting back to the docks but I'm hoping for better results this time!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
Smitty,
So are you saying that drives, set up, X dim, props....etc dont factor into the speed of boats with equal power??
Reread the first line of my original statement on post #4:
"If you had 2 identically set up boats, same rigging, same drives, propped to be as fast as possible and BOTH rated at 1100 hp"
What my point is is that unless a motor is dynoed AT the same sae correction standard as Merc the numbers are usually a little high, this is a accepted fact. My own 1115 hp motor would only make just over 1000 on a dyno using mercs correction standard and adding a water pump and alternator , Smitty
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Reread the first line of my original statement on post #4:
"If you had 2 identically set up boats, same rigging, same drives, propped to be as fast as possible and BOTH rated at 1100 hp"
What my point is is that unless a motor is dynoed AT the same sae correction standard as Merc the numbers are usually a little high, this is a accepted fact. My own 1115 hp motor would only make just over 1000 on a dyno using mercs correction standard and adding a water pump and alternator , Smitty
You sure? Here's merc's dyno process:
http://www.mercuryracing.com/blog/dyno-mighty/

and their video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCedl...layer_embedded
Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mean streak
Your welcome brother, you have a standing invitation. We will have everything like it needs to be very soon.
Thanks Again ... someone once told me you were a nice fella!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Born and raised. Moved to TN about 6 years ago from New Orleans. We came up after losing absolutely everything in Katrina.
Eddie
Eddie if Your going to Destin for the poker run, I would like to feed You an Your gang on Crab Island Sunday. I grill lots of cajun food from Chris's specialty meats to give away. I've been doing it for over 10 years. Sorry for the Artie
Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by FasterFaster
Great link , my point exactly-Small shops are still using the J607 std from years ago, merc has moved on to ISO 3046-1 on top of using stringent dyno procedures/heat soaking AND adjusting/correcting boost for differing barometric pressure/engine compt temps to maintain that rated hp, there is no way a motor with a identical peak hp numbers generated on a typical dyno with the more generous J607 correction factor and dry stepped tube race car headers will ever run the same, Smiitty
Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FasterFaster
That's impressive. I wish I had the time and money to just sit around all day and beat on some test engines to see what happens. It would be a great learning experience. No individual builder can compete with their resources. Quite frankly, if you had the money to even come close to competing with Merc, why would you invest in this business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.