Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Notices

Exclusive: Hustler’s New 39 Rockit with Mercury Racing 1100s

Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's impressive. I wish I had the time and money to just sit around all day and beat on some test engines to see what happens. It would be a great learning experience. No individual builder can compete with their resources. Quite frankly, if you had the money to even come close to competing with Merc, why would you invest in this business?
And people wonder why their stuff is expensive!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Anyone else see Teague's interview in poker runs america? He claims his 1365 hp engine is the most powerful emissions compliant available. any of you hp police want to call him out?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
reread the first line of my original statement on post #4:
"if you had 2 identically set up boats, same rigging, same drives, propped to be as fast as possible and both rated at 1100 hp"
what my point is is that unless a motor is dynoed at the same sae correction standard as merc the numbers are usually a little high, this is a accepted fact. My own 1115 hp motor would only make just over 1000 on a dyno using mercs correction standard and adding a water pump and alternator , smitty

10-4
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by customryder
Thanks Again ... someone once told me you were a nice fella!
I like that person, probably didn't know me that well! Haha
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

"Moreover, ours is the only lab in the world that can certify exhaust gas emissions on spark-ignited engines over 1,000 hp." From the Mercury racing website.

Ya, that's a load of BS. We test spark ignited engines all day long at work for emissions, and we measure the output in MW most of the time.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care what anybody says, Hustler is building some of the baddest boats coming out lately and the 39 rockit has some awesome lines on it... Keep up the good work!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
I don't care what anybody says, Hustler is building some of the baddest boats coming out lately and the 39 rockit has some awesome lines on it... Keep up the good work!
Joe has really stepped up his game at Hustler, the new hulls are awesome. Takes a lot of time and money to develop these new boats, and a lot of water time. Joe continues to improve all his boats, great guy!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mean streak
Joe has really stepped up his game at Hustler, the new hulls are awesome. Takes a lot of time and money to develop these new boats, and a lot of water time. Joe continues to improve all his boats, great guy!
I hear very good things on the 1100 Merc Rockit. Sounds like it is a beast!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
"Moreover, ours is the only lab in the world that can certify exhaust gas emissions on spark-ignited engines over 1,000 hp." From the Mercury racing website.

Ya, that's a load of BS. We test spark ignited engines all day long at work for emissions, and we measure the output in MW most of the time.
I think Ilmors dyno rooms are likely able to duplicate what Mercurys capabilities are.

http://www.ilmor.co.uk/services_testing.php

Uncle Dave
Old 08-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
I think this 39 will be a special piece, I just keep hearing great things about this project. Joe and the Hustler gang has done another awesome boat. What's cool about this is project is the owner of this 39, his son owns the 29 that was in the Miami Boat Show, and have very close paint schemes on them. Don't see that everyday, Hustler really has it going on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.