Fountain 29Fever -Goods & Bads >

Fountain 29Fever -Goods & Bads

Notices

Fountain 29Fever -Goods & Bads

Old 07-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Just my opinion having owned a 2000 - 29' with twin 350 mags it was a very good lake boat for us and I never had any problems with it besides having to replace a couple of water pumps which happens to any boat. As for the length discussion, really who cares if its the boat you like and want to buy go for it. You won't find another boat in that size and price range with the fit and finish of a Fountain. I know while I had mine I always got compliments on it and it ran good in everything except the really big water like after the Shootout when everyone leaves at once. in the end there are people that like Fountains and the ones who don't which seem to be the vocal majority around here, but to each thier own. Just my $.02
Old 07-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
its not just fountain its anybody. If you measure from bow, beak, catermeran etc, to back of the boat where fiber glass stops you will get the lenth indicated by by the nomenclature on the model.

I understand on a boat like a CIG if you have a 28ft and a 3 foot swim deck you could say 31ft. But i dont understand the true length vs not true lenth, measuring tapes dont lie. But i guess you could argue the certain make up of a boat.
True 28 meaning not measured by LOA. LOA is deceiving on size. I like the pre 96? way of measuring. Fountain has the widest spread of LOA vs running surface of any boat I know of.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
True 28 meaning not measured by LOA. LOA is deceiving on size. I like the pre 96? way of measuring. Fountain has the widest spread of LOA vs running surface of any boat I know of.
Yeah I dont know I think the new measuring system was actually like 89 or something.

But I guess its like the difference between f measuring your rod from the skin or pubes.

Last edited by soldier4402; 07-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Just my opinion having owned a 2000 - 29' with twin 350 mags it was a very good lake boat for us and I never had any problems with it besides having to replace a couple of water pumps which happens to any boat. As for the length discussion, really who cares if its the boat you like and want to buy go for it. You won't find another boat in that size and price range with the fit and finish of a Fountain. I know while I had mine I always got compliments on it and it ran good in everything except the really big water like after the Shootout when everyone leaves at once. in the end there are people that like Fountains and the ones who don't which seem to be the vocal majority around here, but to each thier own. Just my $.02
How fast did that boat run?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I never understood the beak thing. The front 2' of any boat is pretty much useless(maybe storage) and definitely not "running surface". As far as the swim platform plenty(most) manufacturers count it now.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOFFSHORE
And kryptonite, activator, warlock,Superboat, list goes on.
Yes and no. Krypto and added a swim platform to their 27s and called them 29s. the Activator 29s and 30s count the swim platform also.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Yes and no. Krypto and added a swim platform to their 27s and called them 29s. the Activator 29s and 30s count the swim platform also.
You know what you are right. I keep think long they all had the same look.
My 29 which in actually a 30 have a 4in swim platform, but It sits inside the transom. Also phantom goes all the way back.
It like the new ol with all that bustle. Not knocking it or the fountains but if you have a 3ft bustle/swim platform amd then you here crazy high speeds well it's a lot easier with on 26 or 27 than a 30.
I know that's off topic but its a lot of marketing and it's in every industry.
Car companies do it with motor size etc.
Again though the fountain is a nice boat.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Waterline length is the best measurement, it excludes front and rear overhang.
ed
Old 07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOFFSHORE
You know what you are right. I keep think long they all had the same look.
My 29 which in actually a 30 have a 4in swim platform, but It sits inside the transom. Also phantom goes all the way back.
It like the new ol with all that bustle. Not knocking it or the fountains but if you have a 3ft bustle/swim platform amd then you here crazy high speeds well it's a lot easier with on 26 or 27 than a 30.
I know that's off topic but its a lot of marketing and it's in every industry.
Car companies do it with motor size etc.
Again though the fountain is a nice boat.
a lot of times it smoke and mirrors ever check out smalle engines on a like a jet ski or something, they will say something like 750cc but actually only be 743.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much fuel does the fountain 29 carry ?

I know the 27 only has a 50 gallon tank.

Uncle Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.