Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So ignore the negativity, what' s going on??? >

So ignore the negativity, what' s going on???

Notices

So ignore the negativity, what' s going on???

Old 08-11-2012, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Have been on the water every weekend since the middle of March. Unheard of here in the midwest. went to desert storm for the first time this year. Bought a new boat while there. sold the 27 yesterday. I would say it has been a damn good year.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jay, Leave for PIB 8/21 your welcome to come along. Hitting Kellys and Cedar point.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
NY harbor is on my boating bucket list.
Fun...
Attached Thumbnails So ignore the negativity, what' s going on???-1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a different boating season here in central Indiana. The dry weather caused the level in the local lake to drop 6 feet by mid July making the lake unusable. We did spend 5 days at Lake Cumberland for the Thunder Run and just got back from a week at LOTO so all in all I can't complain. We'll get in couple more weekends before she gets winterized for storage.

Then it's time to get ready for archery season!

Dave
Old 08-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Fun...
Great picture!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been on the boat twice this year and have only burned 1/4 tank of fuel. Its been 7 days a week in the shop and getting old.2 major projects will be done this week and then I can boat on sundays with whats left of the summer....maybe.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been lucky enough (knocks on wood) to be out every weekend I could since I got home from Kuwait in June. Burned a lot of fuel, only had to get towed once (yey for vapor lock). Going out today with a bunch of guys to Lake Travis to waste some fuel and have a good time.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I have been out every weekend since May except for last due to family stuff. Been doing maintenence and cleaning as I should but also burned gas and ran my boat the way it was made for. Had a ton of fun so far and met new people. Anyone else have a good time so far? Please post...
It's easier for me to cut-paste and re-post your first post because that's basically how my season is going! I took last weekend off because the fuel bill for July was pretty healthy and there's a poker run coming up next weekend. Heading down to my dock to go for a ride in a little while.

It's been a great summer so far with no drama!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been a good summer! Have put way more hours on the boat this year than the last couple years. No major breakdowns, just the minor stuff that always seems to crop up. Only real "problem" is the boat has not been cleaned and polished as well as in years past because when I have time its been on the water. So far been to Grand Haven, Traverse City, Boyne Thunder, Torch Lake, Saginaw Bay, and Lake St. Clair a couple times. Doing a Put in Bay trip this coming weekend weather permitting. Wallet is denifinately getting crushed though lol, have wayyy overspent the boating fund this year, and gas being back up sucks bad. Probably be winding down except for some local day trips after this weekend. Looked for you at the raft off yesterday but didn't see you or anyone else I recognised in the line besides our crew (John, Irish, Ryan etc)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, I appreciate the invite and was also invited the same weekend on the mothership. Sorry I will be out of town. We do plan on overnighting in St Clair in Sept.

Brian, it sucks you are so busy but we haven't come down there yet either. Plan on doing the Fall Run. Hope to see ya there.

Eric, we ended up going out late in the day and missed all you guys. Hope to see ya more next year.

We did go out again both days this weekend and had a blast. Water was actually a lil bumpy so we had fun! Love boating...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.