Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wrager
This was me in 1995 on Lake Lanier in a 24ft Python. I was alone hot dogging around early on a Sunday morning in October. I was teathered but not well enough. I was ejected at 74 mph and the boat continued on and went 300 feet into a parking lot. The good lord was watching over me, cause the park was closed for the season and I wasn't knocked unconcious. I did shatter my leg on the windscreen as I went over. It all happened in a fraction of a second. I am very lucky to be here today. It could have been FAR worse.
Wow!

Did you have a life vest on?

Sorry about your misfortune, but glad things weren't worse. Thanks for posting. It sure is a good reminder of how fast things can go wrong.

Michael
Old 09-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I do a lot of boating on Lake Travis. I had thought rough water was coming out of Devil Cove in on a holiday weekend was rough. That water is not as rough as going back home from Aquapalooza when Brad Pasley played. There were several thousand boats all going the same direction close to the same time and the water was rough to say the least.

Even though the water was rough it was nothing like going over some crusier wakes. When I had my 26' eliminator and going fairly slow over them there was a time I top one wave and fell into the valley between the tops. I had even tried gettng off plane and trying to idle over them to see if I could get over them easier. I was so concerned about these waves hitting them at speed I took Tres's boat course to learn how to get over them better. I was taught a lot and now when I ride with friends I tend to tell them what they are doing wrong.

In reading a number of the posts I get the feeling that there are a lot of people that really have not seen some big cruiser wakes.

Knowing that these wakes are out there has slowed me way down with the fear of hitting them at speed.
I agree, If you do not boat there, you have no clue how big these cruiser wakes get.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I am glad you watched my video to the end, I imagine most people don't.
Heyyyy that's you? I thought the vid was cool, the camera mounted to the boat on the way to the lake, pretty neat. But now we know what you look like haha!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by n20michael
I guess if your driving a fountain it's "driver error" however if your a Gazzillionaire with a 200mph cat it's everyone else's fault? Wasnt it a cruiser wake that was "to blame" for the My Way mishap?

Hmmm.....
And the owner did admit that he didn,t see the wake in time. He did NOT blame the wavemaker. He took full responsabilty. That my friends, is a real man.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350scarab
And the owner did admit that he didn,t see the wake in time. He did NOT blame the wavemaker. He took full responsabilty. That my friends, is a real man.
Yep, HE did, however if you go back and re read the thread you will find a PILE of people claiming it WASN'T his fault, that was my point, since I didn't see anyone making "excuses" on this thread.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Heyyyy that's you? I thought the vid was cool, the camera mounted to the boat on the way to the lake, pretty neat. But now we know what you look like haha!
Those GoPro Suction mounts are incredible! I cant believe how strong they are, I remember seeing a "Statement!" video where they mounted one on the bottom of the hull filming the props/outdrives, couldn't beleive it didn't fall off.

Cool video!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I walked in to the TV on inside edition and the headline was this story

so I watched and apparently the boat owner is going to be charged with reckless operation and endangerment

also they showed some of the aftermath and the hotty in the yellow is a real trooper she was helping her daughter in the purple who had a broken eye orbital and then she started helping the captain asking him if his back was OK which apparently it was OK enough for him to stand back up and get try and get it back together

thumbs up to her especially for holding it together even though it looks like she took it as bad as anyone

Last edited by TexasVines; 09-10-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

A couple of real tuff "BOATER GIRLS" for sure .
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Registered

Default fixx

ok i cant stand the pain anymore..im going out in the am and gonna buy me a tirdy 8 fountain..
Old 09-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Still can't believe this is still being hashed out.. Drivers fault plain and simple. Would people still be blaming this or that if the driver just came on and said, "yeah, I f'ed up"??

I roll my boat turning. (not steps) My fault
I stuff due to tripping. (not the wind/waves) My fault
Get a speeding ticket. (not speedos) My fault
Hit the ramp with prop. (not ramp designers) My fault
Run out of gas. (not gauges) My fault

Are people egos that BIG that nobody can simply take responsibility for their actions? Grow up people. It's not the cruiser, channel, passenger, boat manufacturer, engine builder, bouy makers, etc. when you are the driver behind the wheel away from the dock you and only you as the captain are 100% entrusted by your passengers expecting to return safely.
i agree no one takes responsability anymore and We SHOULD stand up when we make a mistake

The thing that deters many from ownein up is the second they say "I made a mistake" The lawyers decend and the lawsuits start The leagle system makes it dificult to own up and change your behaviour, somone always wants to get paid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.