Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by n20michael
I guess if your driving a fountain it's "driver error" however if your a Gazzillionaire with a 200mph cat it's everyone else's fault? Wasnt it a cruiser wake that was "to blame" for the My Way mishap?

Hmmm.....
no,it was driver error
Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree! I was just pointing out how many people on THIS thread consider it "driver error" and how many people on the "other" thread (based on a similiar topic) where quick to blame someone else.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
So again, I ask you (x-rated) to please post one prior case that proves your point..... I am not making personal attacks. But just countering your poor interpretation of the law.
I'm in New Orleans enjoying myself. Plus I get paid (well) to do legal research. The chances of me doing it just to prove to you something I already know are pretty damned slim. Maybe next week and then only maybe.

But someone hit it on the button - there is no evidence of a cruiser wake causing this accident, so this is really the wrong thread and I got sucked in by some of the ppl saying cruisers can do whatever they want. For what it's worth, I was just over at the river watching a container ship go by throwing a 3 foot wake. I guess the captain just had plenty of time to get his load wherever it was going - probably not a safety thing. Lol If he can keep his wake small, why can't cruisers?

Last edited by X-Rated30; 09-08-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by low_psi; 09-07-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Nothing left to say....
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I am at a loss to understand most of this conversation, but if you lose control of your boat for any reason other than mechanical failure or someone colliding with you—assuming that person is at fault—isn't the responsibility for your loss of control, well, yours?

Last time I checked, the throttles go in both directions.
Matt, well said, and succinct.

If wakes really bother someone that much, then they shouldn't get on the water. It's part of the landscape. Personally, I never paid much attention to them, other than to make sure my boat is in control and I don't get too wet. I can't understand why people get this worked up about them.

What's next? Wind breaks so we don't get wind chop out on the water?

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 09-07-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pondrunner
Is this the same guy?!?! At 3:25 it sure looks like him...Read the message at the end of the video?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_xPY...feature=g-vrec
I am glad you watched my video to the end, I imagine most people don't.

I wish I had that Fountain over my little 26'... I probably wouldn't be on this forum crying about cruiser wakes.

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sure looks like him.
I can completely understand the confusion, us shaved head guys all look alike. But the guy in the Fountain is much better looking and is doing something in life right to have a boat like that. Me on the other hand for the last 10 years have been trying to figure what to do when I grow up.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Ouch! I think I can hear those U-joints complaining!
You are absolutely right, my trailer could easily another 6"-12" of bunk height. Now I have the IMCO 2" shorty, good news I can put it almost all the way down. But the funny thing, with it being down more, I just struck a brand new BBlades lab'd prop in less than one minute of being in the water and only 2 hours out of the box. So along with my U-joints, brand new prop and wallet.... EVERYTHING IS COMPLAINING!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Since we're in question on the blame,

In the spirit of this weeks DNC in Charlotte,
clearly, the blame should be placed on G.W.B.
Awesome!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Registered

i registered to OSO mainly to make this post. After seeing the video and reading the comments, i took my boat out and everyone had life vest and I wore my kill line. I do have to say, it was very flat water and i was very scared when I got up to 90 mph (i normally run 110 plus with no fear), even though you do not feel that speed on a 46 it made me think. I hope everyone sees the point of what happened, (i changed my behavior) i am truly sorry for everyone in the boat, get well soon.

Last edited by Outerlimits46; 09-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Outerlimits46
i registered to OSO mainly to make this post. After seeing the video and reading the comments, i took my boat out and everyone had life vest and I wore my kill line. I do have to say, it was very flat water and i was very scared when I got up to 90 mph (i normally run 110 plus with no fear), even though you do not feel that speed on a 46 it made me think. I hope everyone sees the point of what happened, (i changed my behavior) i am truly sorry for everyone in the boat, get well soon.
You should have joined earlier, you made a lot of sense, besides Outerlimits kick azz!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered

http://fox2now.com/2012/09/05/police...eo/?hpt=ju_bn5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.